Yeah, the pre-op diet still sucks

SJB41976

7 more days. That's what I keep telling myself.

I ate food yesterday. I was out of town yesterday for a baby shower. Ate low carb at the shower (thankfully they didn't have cake, but a cookie cake. Bakery cake is a trigger food for me, very difficult to resist). Then on the way home I had a grilled chicken cobb salad. Best thing I have tasted in weeks. *sigh*

I'm not beating myself up too bad. I worry that I haven't lost enough weight pre-op. 12 pounds so far. I am sure this week and 2 days of liquids leading up I will be losing more so I try not to worry about it. I think my liver is shrinking even though the pounds aren't melting off.

Hubby is going out of town tomorrow for 3 days. Just me and the kids and 800 calories a day. I will be honest I feel like crap most of the time, no energy. But, this will be a good distraction, hopefully make the week go by faster.

Anyway, it's the update from me this week.

You will be fine...thankfully I didn't have a pre-op diet. Boyce told me to not lose any weight (too close to the bottom edge).

I lost nothing on the entire pre-op liquid diet, so I think 12lbs sounds like you are doing a great job. 8 days. Hang in there, it will all be so worth it.

Your doing fine! I lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks and they said my liver was perfect. So just keep up he great work and you'll be fine.

You are doing an awesome job! I did what you are doing and ate very low carb. It will be perfect!

Latest posts

Back