WTF? You know who is advocating daily enemas again for convenience

DianaCox

Bad Cop
I would like to see some MEDICALLY-VETTED information about the pros and especially cons of DAILY tap water enemas for convenience of morning pooping (to be able to get done quickly). I cannot fathom how this could be safe in the long run.

Why on earth would a healthy person with a functioning, albeit inconvenient, bowel do this? Seems like dependance would occur. Right?

I think it trains the bowl to only go under duress. And risks stretching out the colon, electrolyte imbalance, etc.

http://drbenkim.com/articles-enema.htm

"Unfortunately, years of constipation and/or undergoing enemas can disrupt the mechanisms that are in place to allow your body to generate its own bowel movements - for some people, it can become near impossible to have a bowel movement without having an enema.
If you're able to have bowel movements without using enemas, and you're interested in having regular enemas for ongoing cleansing, I encourage you to consider the long term implications of fiddling with the natural contractile capacity of your colon walls. "

She is probably dependent!

I Just Can't. That particular person annoys the bejeezus out of me, as she has elevated know-it-all to an astounding new height. I usually don't flaunt my PhD in public, but her "science" just really burns me up. no longer active there, so will need to stay out of it.

I Just Can't. That particular person annoys the bejeezus out of me, as she has elevated know-it-all to an astounding new height. I usually don't flaunt my PhD in public, but her "science" just really burns me up. no longer active there, so will need to stay out of it.

So, with you and Diana and me there are THREE doctorates, right? And we all think that she is not helping the cause? (Well, Diana has two of the doctorates and I have none, but I wanted to get thrown into that group...lol)

Latest posts

Back