Would you???

Soontobelovely

Would you take these brand new unopened vitamins that expired April 2017?

Attachments

• IMG_20170929_182812.jpg
    IMG_20170929_182812.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20170929_182820.jpg
    IMG_20170929_182820.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 2
I would use them even if they were 3 years out of date ... just sayin'.
That Safeway Chili in the back of the fridge that I forgot about that's got an expiration date in early September? https://www.instacart.com/safeway/products/7704-signature-cafe-stompin-steak-chili-with-beans-24-oz
large_126f9675-9a77-42d3-a257-44cb3a0616a7.jpg

NotSoMuch.

I'd take the vitamins and eat the chili. Legit question - have you had a stomach bug or food poisoning since DS?
Yes - I had food poisoning that I thought was going to kill me when I was about 3-4 years out. Fortunately, it hit me on a day I was in San Francisco getting my eyebrows tatted with a friend, and had already been done when it hit. I thought it had to be a bowel obstruction - and I ran straight to Rabkin's office, since I was nearby (I lived over 50 miles away). They were also concerned and got me straight into a CT scan with contrast. But a certain restaurant in Mountain View was probably the source (I had shared a seafood platter with several raw things the day before).

It was miserable - I am not a fan of puking.

I'm a little more anal about food than I am vitamins. The ONE bout of food poisoning I've ever had made me rethink using food past it's expiration date.

In a heartbeat. I think they mostly put the dates there to scare you into throwing the product away and buying more. Once I had a backache and found some eight-year expired Vicodins. I took them. They worked just fine.

As long as they have been stored in a cool, dry place, you'll be fine.

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/ask-well-vitamin-expiration-dates/?_r=0

I'd use them probably for a couple years past exp date. The only time I would be concerned was if it was a my-life-depends-on-it type drug and I don't take any of those.

I recently researched food dates after finding many cans of post date soup. If you see a date on something that doesn’t include any explanation like "EXP', the date is only there to help store clerks to rotate the stock. Same for “sell by”. “Use by” could mean spoilage or, well, nothing. I’ve thrown out a lot of good food because of a random unexplained date.

yup sure would. they may be less potent but may not be. if it's years after im less likely to use stuff years expired. like your milk usually is not spoiled exactly on the use by date.

Latest posts

Back