Would you take a job with awesome food all the time

It's so interesting I thought I would get a different reaction from this board. I will of course go after the job, but the only way I have been able to not eat is to NOT be around good food. I think about food all the time. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. There were a few months after surgery that I did not think like this, but otherwise I do.

I had a had a long talk with me Dad yesterday about this and he said, and he is right, if you feel like you can't control yourself, don't put yourself at risk.

All of this said, I feel so lucky to have gotten the DS and be at a place in my life that FB would even consider me. And I feel lucky to have the friendship and support of this board.

I would sure say "hell yes" and think you should go for it - but I'm not sure exactly what you'd be getting into. would it really be all you want, free, all the time food wise? :eek: I can't even imagine a workplace like that.

this is not exactly the same thing, however:
I have been considering working in Home Health but one of the things I don't like about it is much less exercise. a good thing about a nursing home is you can EASILY walk 10,000 steps in a workday without even trying. that makes a real difference.

Far better to be around freshly prepared, good, FREE food than the vending machines which are the only option for many of us when working late... Best wishes - sounds like an exciting opportunity!

If you are out in the working world every day, all that food is always there. Somewhere in your building there is a candy jar. Someone did leave doughnuts at the coffee bar. And there is a catered lunch. It's just part of life. And you make decisions every day about what you eat and crap food is always available. The good thing about FB is there are healthy alternatives.

I would hang out with the people who run or walk at lunch instead of eating for an hour! And I bet there are plenty of people who do just that.

I believe we have to move forward and passing up an opportunity for a stellar career move that could set you up for life would be an epic disaster. We live in a world where too few have the chance to get a really wonderful job. And here is the bottom line, if you got the job and found out you could not move away from the gravy train, you could always quit!!!

Latest posts

Back