Would Like Info on Vitamins & Meal Planning

TakeIII

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I'm looking for information on recommended vitamins and meal planning after the DS.

I am scheduled for surgery on October 29th. This all happen very quickly and I don't feel like I'm completely prepared. I'm a planner (think in terms of I have a spreadsheet for EVERYTHING). From everything I have read, I shouldn't put much trust in the diet guidelines the NUT is likely to suggest (and I don't meet with her until the day before surgery, so not enough time to plan ahead).

I would like to start things out on the right foot from day one.

I appreciate any advice you have. If there is an existing thread that I can reference I would be happy to start there. I haven't been very successful using the search option.

Thank you!
Tina

Tina, for vitamins, start here: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/
Plan on starting with a Centrum Equivalent multi about a week or two after surgery. (I use the Kirkland Daily Multi found at Costco)..at least 2 a day and some need four. I take three. Then add others over the course of the next month.

Your focus the first month is JUST Hydration. IF you get protein in as a liquid, great but don't worry. The first month, PUSH to get 64 oz of fluids every single day. Your job is JUST to sip, walk around the dining room table or to the bathroom several times a day, and to REST.

IF your surgeon allows soft foods soon after your surgery, then yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna mashed up with mayo but be careful here as fat can be a problem until you start your calcium and iron.

I understand wanting to be ready but I promise you, your tastes will change day to day and what may taste good now, might be something you hate later.

Southernlady and Elizabeth, thank you both very much. This is exactly what I was looking for!!

Latest posts

Back