why I posted our site on a facebook group

JackieOnLine

Staff member
we are a terrific site and I'd love to see more people here - so I tell people. and, frankly? I worry about all the bad info out there.

like "we are not doctors" - so? what is this, Star Trek? (I'm a doctor, Jim, not a weight loss surgery expert)

sometimes doctors know better than non doctors and sometimes? not so much. in fact, my doctor thought I should get a band. gah! she didn't know better than that, but she is a doctor!

just in general, I feel - very strongly!! - that the more people you talk to/listen to/ask questions of - the more info you can get. so do rely on one place...or on your doctor or your sister or whoever. talk to as many people are you can find.
and people who had WLS years ago? or more than one? or complications? often know a lot.

so feel free to hang out a bit here :rainbowwelcome:

@JackieOnLine very true, one of my endocrinologists, who of course by the specialization treats a fair amount of diabetics said to me that the gastric band is the best surgery for diabetics, I was his only DS patient and only for 2 months.... woooow I never went back to that endo., so now he has no DSer. Sadly this is a true story.

we are a terrific site and I'd love to see more people here - so I tell people. and, frankly? I worry about all the bad info out there.

like "we are not doctors" - so? what is this, Star Trek? (I'm a doctor, Jim, not a weight loss surgery expert)

sometimes doctors know better than non doctors and sometimes? not so much. in fact, my doctor thought I should get a band. gah! she didn't know better than that, but she is a doctor!

just in general, I feel - very strongly!! - that the more people you talk to/listen to/ask questions of - the more info you can get. so do rely on one place...or on your doctor or your sister or whoever. talk to as many people are you can find.
and people who had WLS years ago? or more than one? or complications? often know a lot.

Hi Jackie, I saw your Fb post so I signed up here . Thanks for the heads up!

is my OP too snarky? seriously, what do y'all think? because I didn't mean it that way.

No! It is a good post! I don't understand the need to go anywhere else. There are some vets that where at OH a long time ago and I don't understand why I don't see them post here. That is exactly why I would like to know the different profile pictures and names that are used at other sites. One that I remember had a Beatles Profile picture. I know I have seen her post other places but I don't see her here. Makes me crazy and I don't need anymore crazy than I already am!!

Not too snarky at all, and I'm glad you did this. I'm not on Facebook, but from what others have posted here, there is an excess of misinformation there, as well as a lot of the unicorns and rainbows approach to "support", so anyone who finds their way here will benefit.

Latest posts

Back