Who had a feeding tube?

It's in my side. He said he can take it out or I can have it removed at home. He'd just rather be the one to put it in.
I would double check on that because it is my understanding that you must leave a j tube in six weeks because it goes in to your small intestine and must heal over or you will have a leak if pulled out before then.

@Kristaz I had a j tube also with Dr. K. I was a rny to DS revision. He says that's your insurance. If you can't drink enough water or eat enough protein use it. I had it 6 months. He doesn't care when you take it out as long as you can sustain your own nutrition. Eat and drink what you can if you are coming up short supplement through the tube. Some of us also crushed vitamins and put them in the tube.

@Kristaz I had a j tube also with Dr. K. I was a rny to DS revision. He says that's your insurance. If you can't drink enough water or eat enough protein use it. I had it 6 months. He doesn't care when you take it out as long as you can sustain your own nutrition. Eat and drink what you can if you are coming up short supplement through the tube. Some of us also crushed vitamins and put them in the tube.
How long was your tube sore? This thing is killing me?!

Yes it is normal to be sore. I had the j tube with my revision it didn't have the extra stitches outside. When I had one placed this past October it had the stitches boy was I MISERABLE! Hang in there!

Exactly why I didn't want one after my revision especially since my stomach wasn't being touched. Eating wasn't my problem it was absorbing that was my issue so Dr K agreed.

Hopefully you get some relief soon.

Latest posts

Back