What's your poison? Share your workout favorites.

JJ The Jet Plane

Even as a large person I always worked out, I was the fat lady in the gym, still am.

Even though I have changed what I like to do, because my size has changed I am more able to be selective in my activities.

Loves: water workouts, swimming, hiking, kayaking, walking fast, zumba, water zumba, hot yoga, yoga stretch, hip hop, weight training and bike riding.

I am in a volleyball league and I am married to a hiker. Learning to love the outdoors.
My secret weapon is my great Chiropractor.
What's your poison?

Years ago, when I was at my lowest adult weight I became an aerobics junky. I did 8-10 classes a week, yes some days both a morning and evening class. I maintained a 21-23 BMI for five years that way. I eventually taught aerobic classes myself. As I started to work more and exercise less the weight slowly crept back on. I then discovered water aerobics and even though I continued to gain, I felt stronger and gained more slowly when exercising. For now I do a 30 minute workout (goal 5 days a week) in my own husband built, workout room. It consists of a treadmill, an arobicRider, a weight table, a stationary bike, and various gadgets. I alternate between walking, core, and band exercises and follow a program my Surgeon's Trainer worked out for ME. I move slowly and deliberately because my body is still weak, arthritic, and easily injured. Exercise makes me feel good emotionally as well as physically. I plan to start water aerobics soon, and eventually add regular aerobic classes and Pilates to my exercise routine. My husband is a bicyclist and my dream is to someday join him for his yearly ride in the Utah "Tour de Cure" for diabetes.

Right now I am working out with physical therapists. I use ankle weights, a walker, stretcher bands- and have made good progress. I can stand for a few minutes now without having to sit down. I try to walk around outside twice a day. I'm thinking about increasing that, as soon as my kids go back to school, by walking in the mall. That way, there are benches around. I used to be a runner and would like to get back to running again, but I have to take it slow (ugh, not my forte'!) I've been reading a lot about the Fitbit and wondering if I should save up for one. I like the thought of tracking my progress, but it's expensive and a little bit intimidating.

My favs are still a. hiking in the woods when I can, and weight lifting. I'm being a lazy ass now, but it goes in cycles for me. Oh, and if I'm anywhere near a warm ocean, I WILL be out there chasing the fish for hours.. I have no fear of swimming way far out in the ocean, as long as it's warm and not choppy.

My favourites are kickboxing, kettlebell workouts, weight lifting in general, swimming (though I haven't gone swimming in a decade almost), bikram yoga, brisk walking (hate running but hope to start a running program post DS).

I love to swim laps, can't wait for the roads to open back from the storm, my dream would be to have my own indoor pool at home!

Years ago, when I was at my lowest adult weight I became an aerobics junky. I did 8-10 classes a week, yes some days both a morning and evening class. I maintained a 21-23 BMI for five years that way. I eventually taught aerobic classes myself. As I started to work more and exercise less the weight slowly crept back on. I then discovered water aerobics and even though I continued to gain, I felt stronger and gained more slowly when exercising. For now I do a 30 minute workout (goal 5 days a week) in my own husband built, workout room. It consists of a treadmill, an arobicRider, a weight table, a stationary bike, and various gadgets. I alternate between walking, core, and band exercises and follow a program my Surgeon's Trainer worked out for ME. I move slowly and deliberately because my body is still weak, arthritic, and easily injured. Exercise makes me feel good emotionally as well as physically. I plan to start water aerobics soon, and eventually add regular aerobic classes and Pilates to my exercise routine. My husband is a bicyclist and my dream is to someday join him for his yearly ride in the Utah "Tour de Cure" for diabetes.
Love your workout room! What a great H!

Latest posts

Back