What vites can be taken with iron.

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
Ok. I'm working on being more compliant, one of my greatest struggles. I take my iron tab at night with my BP med for Afib and a couple of trivial items (tylenol pm and melatonin). I'd like to add some more vites to this batch as I never forget this batch for some reason. What "can" be taken at this time without it interacting or canceling the iron? D, A, Zinc, B comp, K??? I know calcium and multis are a no go. What can I add to my night time vites without cancelling the effort?

Thanks,

me

I think copper, because those 2 were together in the prepackaged set from vitalady, but I'm not 100% as I couldn't take those iron so I gave them away ages ago.

Take your Iron with a Vit C because C helps your body absorb iron better. I do take my iron + C alone. But I take 5 tender pills (Vitalady), 3 proferrins, 3 ferrous fumarates.. By the time I get all that swallowed, I'm full.

I take calcium and magnesium together (in batches) - with nothing else.

Everything remaining I take together.

The only thing I would take with regular iron, not Proferrin, is vitamin C. You can take copper with iron but it's really better to just have it in your system, it doesn't work with iron to absorb better like C does, it just works together in your system once absorbed. I'm thinking B-complex would be ok but iron is a total weakling and doesn't need any competition.

Thanks, Major Mom. How much time between iron and other vites need to occur. I'm having a really hard time with compliance and wondering if might be depressed or just overloaded. I seem to be calm and focused before bedtime which I think is why I manage to get my night vites in. I lay there and watch tv for a bit so I might be able to get two batches in. I know calcium is out but how much time between would need to happen?

OK. I can probably get two batches in then. It takes around an hour for me to settle in and go to sleep and I seem to be able to swallow pills and lay down to sleep. Thank you so much for the help, MM. I'm trying very hard to get back on track but have to do so during the times of the day when I'm not scattered.

Latest posts

Back