:-( We have lost one of our beloved members

I have rarely had time in the last 8 months to check in or read. So many sad things that have been real hard emotional things for me. As I read Diana's post I felt that same feeling all over again. I try to explain to friends and family that this forum of people is like a second family. They don't get it. I have tears streaming down my face and my husband {which I have almost lost twice last year} is hugging me. I am thankful he is yet distraught that Robbs wife and grand daughter will never hug him again and we won't ever see another post from him. Just can't stand the thought of it. My thoughts and prayers go to his family! RIP, Robbs

I am devastated and desolated to have to report that Trish Roberts called me early this morning to let me know (and she asked me to tell the board) that her husband Steve - robs477 - had a heart attack last night and didn't survive.

This was utterly unexpected. Steve was very proud of the fact that his preop cardiovascular workup had shown him to "have the heart of a 30 year old." Trish is at a complete loss - Steve was doing so well, and was just at his doctor's office, where he was told he was doing well, despite his concerns about still losing rather quickly. He was on top of his labs, as he was just discussing over the last few days. He had just had his 1 year surgiversary, and last week Dr. Wilson reassured him he was doing fine.

I have asked Trish to join us here when she is ready - she had a VSG a few months ago, and Steve was her support. They were also raising their teenaged granddaughter Trinity. They were preparing to reap the rewards of their hard work of getting healthy, for Trinity and for themselves - this is just so unfair and tragic.

RIP Steve/Robs: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/pics-to-go-with-my-recent-update.3780/

My heart is broken for Steve, and for Trish and Trinity. Please keep them all in your thoughts.
I've been out of the country with limited access, so I'm just now seeing this. This is horrible. His wit and wisdom will be missed. Heart aching for Trish and Trinity.

Wow. I've been in India and Malaysia on business without much internet access for two weeks so I'm just catching up. This is such a shock and sadness. My heart goes out to Steve's family and all who knew and loved him.

Latest posts

Back