:-( We have lost one of our beloved members

I am heartbroken. Steve/robs was my surgery buddy. He had surgery one week after me and we kept in touch and supported each other. He was such a wonderful man - warm, intelligent, totally devoted to his family and had such an awesome sense of humor. My heart goes out to his wife and daughter. I am so very sorry for your loss.

RIP Steve/robs. I will miss you my friend.

I too read the news on Facebook and stopped in to see if there was more information here and to talk about it with others who knew him and cared. Steve was really something special. He definitely knew how to make you smile! I am just utterly in shock and can't help tearing up - there are truly people who are doing very well and it just blindsides you when something happens. I just keep thinking ...how? HOW? I never expected anything bad to happen to Steve. He just didn't seem like he would ever LET it. Rest in peace, my friend. You will be SO missed.

My heart aches to hear this. I have always enjoyed reading his posts and will miss the witty comments. My heart goes out to his family.

omg - I am sitting here crying about losing someone I have never met but feel like I know. I started following @robs477 because I thought we would have surgery about the same time. did not work out that way but so enjoyed his posts and humorous take on life. I literally laughed out loud at his recent posts that while seriously worried about losing to much could still celebrate his newly acquired 'length' I hate this beyond words.

My heart goes out to his family. What a tragedy that you have this surgery to recover from MO and then BAM something like a heart attack smacks you.

damn it

Such very sobering and sad news. My sincere condolences to his beloved wife and daughter. We truly never know our time.

My condolences to his family and friends.

He was one that I always read his posts. I'd never just scroll by. He was informed and humorous.

He will be missed in this community.

Rest in paradise

Totally sucks but at least it sounds like he didn't suffer. My heart his breaking for his wife and granddaughter though. So tough. it's beyond words.

I had to look at this for 10 minutes before I could believe my eyes. I kept hoping that the words would change on the screen and it wouldn't be real. I am so very sad. What an incredible guy he was...funny, intelligent, supportive. I am so honored that I got to meet him and his family in person at Diana's house. We talked about protein and now it seems so f'ing irrelevant. Still trying to process this.....so so sad.

This is one of the few times I have felt genuinely sad to lose someone I never met. There is such an intimacy on these boards. I really appreciated Steve's humor, intelligence, articulateness and compassion. My thoughts go out to his family. RIP, Steve.

This is one of the few times I have felt genuinely sad to lose someone I never met. There is such an intimacy on these boards. I really appreciated Steve's humor, intelligence, articulateness and compassion. My thoughts go out to his family. RIP, Steve.
You are so correct about the intimacy because we share things that we don't share even with close friends or family. Partially because they don't fully understand the detail of what we go through daily. Having that common bond with people who you find out are really good people, really does lead to special friendships. Lisa whom we lost last year was very special because we shared so much about our lives outside of the DS and chatted for ours on facebook. Her loss really hit me hard and Robs loss was another sucker punch....he will always be rob to me and I miss those two a great deal .

Having that common bond with people who you find out are really good people, really does lead to special friendships.
- @DSRIGGS I never understood how you could get close to someone on social media. I never facebooked or really posted anything on boards - I just could not get into it until this surgery. This board has been my mainstay in that arena - I am not sure where I would be without the knowledge here. Steve, aka @robs477 was one of those peeps that I looked for his posts, bookmarked them, and missed him when he was not on. Hell, I did not even know his really name - but none of that matters. I have been amazed at how hard this one hit me.

Hell, I want the flags at half-mast, I want black arm bands, I want people to know out community has lost a good soul.

I had to look at this for 10 minutes before I could believe my eyes. I kept hoping that the words would change on the screen and it wouldn't be real. I am so very sad.
That first day, I kept expecting for someone to tell me this was a cruel joke...that he would pop back online and say, I'm here.
I never understood how you could get close to someone on social media. I never facebooked or really posted anything on boards - I just could not get into it until this surgery.
I have discovered that some of my closest friends started online. Early on it was forums such as this (LONG before FB, etc). FB just makes it easier to discover friends of like minds. My BFF started as an online friend...I've known her for over 15 years...

If this forum had a flag, I would have it at half mast when we lose a member, esp one as special as Steve was.

Latest posts

Back