VSG to DS Day 0;

Oh, if they would only let me sip. IV for fluids, no water until tomorrow (grrrr). I'm looking forward to sipping.

My only problem is a significant backache from the too soft bed. They switched my bed out this morning.

I got to chat with @JPreiss this morning. She so doing well and on her way home now.

I slept in the recliner as it was firmer. Also the backache could be from the gas they inflate the stomach with or the positions they put you in during surgery.

Word to the wise: when they bring in the inky blue methylene dye, demand a straw if one wasn't brought, and put it way back in your mouth. You don't want that stuff to make any more contact with your mouth than necessary as it will turn it blue for 5 days. Don't let it dribble on your face or clothes. Finally, don't wear your favorite underwear as the blue dye processes southerly.

The blue dye was the worst part of my whole DS experience! Lol. I can still taste that stuff!
Congratulations and I'm glad it's going easily for you.

Oh, if they would only let me sip. IV for fluids, no water until tomorrow (grrrr). I'm looking forward to sipping.

My only problem is a significant backache from the too soft bed. They switched my bed out this morning.

I got to chat with @JPreiss this morning. She so doing well and on her way home now.
Hope you are sipping now! I got so sick of the same beverages three times a day I'm glad I'm home. The blue fruit punchy drink they provide is a poor choice. Negative association with the blue dye test so I couldn't stomach the thought of drinking it.

You might not get the blue dye. My surgeon does a leak check while we're still under anesthesia in the ER. Congrats on getting past the surgery hurdle. Sip, walk, sleep, repeat :)

Latest posts

Back