VSG - Researching revision to DS

ellebee

Greetings.

I was sleeved by Dr. Kim at Celebration in FL in December 2009. I lost about 60 pounds but have fluctuated back and forth for the last 3 years. I really should have lost about 150 pounds though. I have gained 50 pounds back.

I went back to school full time a couple years after being sleeved and picked up old habits. It's been a fight every since to get back on track. I know the rules. It seems I've lost some resistance in my sleeve. I can eat way more than I used to before feeling full.

I suffer from really bad GERD since the VSG. I am not as large as I was at this weight previously though. So, I guess I picked up some good muscle tone over the years. I want to get goal weight and maintain this round. I bought a Peleton spin bike and I'm getting my exercise level back on track. I want to run again like I used to.

I was self pay the first go round. I'm checking on insurance coverage next week as I have a new carrier now.

I'm happy to have found this site. Thanks for all of your hard work in putting this together.

Welcome @ellebee
If you are near Celebration still, check with Dr. Dennis Smith.

Dr. Smith did my lap-band to DS revision. Same office as Dr. Kim. I really enjoyed his sense of humor, kindness and of course, his surgical skill. If you're still close to Celebration Dr. Smith is a great, well known, DS surgeon. I'm a big fan.

Latest posts

Back