Vitamin Trouble. Please Help!

Marquis Mark

Just got back my 7 month labs. Most numbers are OK, but some are really starting to concern me. I'm not in the toilet yet, but the bad TRENDS, despite increasingly higher levels of supplements, is starting to concern me.

Can't figure out how to post graphics on this page so please see attachment.

Attachments

• Problem results.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 17
You live on the west coast, right? Is it Washington? The first thing I would do is try to get sun exposure for 10 or 15 minutes a day. I am not saying you need to be a fry-baby, reasonable sun exposure!

The blood issues...I would encourage you to see a hematologist to rule out other problems. These are unusual results for a guy. Don't panic but do get it checked out. I do remember you had iron type problems/low levels pre-op.

Sometimes we ASSUME everything is DS related.

You live on the west coast, right? Is it Washington? The first thing I would do is try to get sun exposure for 10 or 15 minutes a day. I am not saying you need to be a fry-baby, reasonable sun exposure!

The blood issues...I would encourage you to see a hematologist to rule out other problems. These are unusual results for a guy. Don't panic but do get it checked out. I do remember you had iron type problems/low levels pre-op.

Sometimes we ASSUME everything is DS related.

Yes, I will push my PCP to send me to a hematologist. As you can see from the chart i posted, my iron, D and PTH were just barely in the normal range prior to surgery. Now, despite massive doses, the DS seems to be making my lab life rough.

Any other suggestions on what's going on and/or how to improve my numbers?

Last edited:
Always try the easy stuff first and do one thing at a time. That's why I said try sun first because you aren't in the horrible range at all. And, instead of just piling on more citrate you may want to try some hydroxyapatite. Look up calcium apatite, it's very bioavailable. When you see the hematologist, ask for a D injection too!

Thanks for the suggestions, Ladies. I hope Kaiser will give me a Vit D injection, but, I'm afraid they might just look at my 38 level and say what's the problem. I'll have to explain that I got "up" to that level by taking 150,000/day, which will hopefully alarm them. BTW, do we just poop out excess vitamins we can't absorb? I mean, theoretically, could I take 500,000/day of Vit D and not have a problem as long as my labs were fine?

BTW, Yes, I am taking Jarrow bone up (1,000/day). The rest is Cal Citrate.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ladies. I hope Kaiser will give me a Vit D injection, but, I'm afraid they might just look at my 38 level and say what's the problem. I'll have to explain that I got "up" to that level by taking 150,000/day, which will hopefully alarm them. BTW, do we just poop out excess vitamins we can't absorb? I mean, theoretically, could I take 500,000/day of Vit D and not have a problem as long as my labs were fine?

BTW, Yes, I am taking Jarrow bone up (1,000/day). The rest is Cal Citrate.
It isn't how much you take, it's the level that's important. If it takes 500,000 a day to get you in the high normal range (around 80-90), then how much you take isn't an issue.

That's what gets me about medical professionals...they get all squirrley about how much we take but that isn't the issue. What our level is that IS the issue.

It isn't how much you take, it's the level that's important. If it takes 500,000 a day to get you in the high normal range (around 80-90), then how much you take isn't an issue.

That's what gets me about medical professionals...they get all squirrley about how much we take but that isn't the issue. What our level is that IS the issue.

I hear you on that. But there are unintended consequences sometimes. For example, you could take 500/day of elemental iron and, if you have an absorption problem, see little or no movement in your iron numbers. BUT you would get dangerously constipated. Wondering if any of the supplements we take might have similar side effects. 200,000/day of D seems like a lot.

I hear you on that. But there are unintended consequences sometimes. For example, you could take 500/day of elemental iron and, if you have an absorption problem, see little or no movement in your iron numbers. BUT you would get dangerously constipated. Wondering if any of the supplements we take might have similar side effects. 200,000/day of D seems like a lot.
I have taken 200k of D for over 2 years and have had two injections of D in the last 9 months with no side effects.....you are just going to shit out what you don't absorb. A lady on a FB group told me that she gets A or D injectable delivered for $35 a month and that included syringe so if you know a nurse should could inject you. Dr k site has information on his for the people in cali who make it. He actually had them formulate it and he said they are the only place making it in the states.

I have taken 200k of D for over 2 years and have had two injections of D in the last 9 months with no side effects.....you are just going to shit out what you don't absorb. A lady on a FB group told me that she gets A or D injectable delivered for $35 a month and that included syringe so if you know a nurse should could inject you. Dr k site has information on his for the people in cali who make it. He actually had them formulate it and he said they are the only place making it in the states.

Dominic you know where she gets the injectable and d. I can reach the spot to do it I give my b12 in same sports dr K gives those injections.

Thanks for the tips everyone. If Kaiser won't go for D injections, it's good to know I have the option. I'm only 30 minutes from Dr Keshishian's office. In theory, will I just be able to get an injection and then maintain that new, higher level with Oral D supplements? And where is this magical injection site that you'll are referring to?

Latest posts

Back