VItamin schedule of DS'ers 25 yrs postop?

Gofish

Hi there I am curious what vitamin regime folks are on that are 25 yrs out from surgery? Looking forward to seeing replies! I think everyday is a learning lesson and important to stay up on vites and labs. Thank you!

The first DS was done in 1988. There are very few people 25 years out, and I haven't seen anyone that far out on these message boards. but there are plenty of us 15 or so years out. I'll be 15 years in August.

cal citrate 500 3 times/day
d3,50 /2/day
A25/2 day
Dry vit E
Super B complex
b100
centrum silver multi vite
biotin
calcitriol script
potassium

vit c chewable
folic acid x 2
1 prescription iron
1 copper

going to add strontium citrate/630 mg/boron 3mg /mk-7 and collagen

protein drink 3 times/day

currently d is super high so backed off that and will go back for check in a month
osteoporosis

Before backing off, can you share your latest lab work. You need to post the value and the lab range, regardless of whether it's in normal range or not.

Not sure how you got super high D, most DSer's struggle getting it normal.

But...but...wait.

I have no idea if there's a polite way to say this, but...I don't give a rat's ass what supplements you take and hope you feel the same about my supplements!

See...my labs dictate what supplements I take. So, we'd be comparing your three 500 mg calcium/day to my 3000 mg/day...and...why? Because if your labs show that your calcium is normal at half the calcium I take to get to normal...well...to me, supplements are kind of like sex. What's just right for one person might be way too much...or way too little...for the next person.

Sue

But...but...wait.

I have no idea if there's a polite way to say this, but...I don't give a rat's ass what supplements you take and hope you feel the same about my supplements!

See...my labs dictate what supplements I take. So, we'd be comparing your three 500 mg calcium/day to my 3000 mg/day...and...why? Because if your labs show that your calcium is normal at half the calcium I take to get to normal...well...to me, supplements are kind of like sex. What's just right for one person might be way too much...or way too little...for the next person.

Sue

Spikey, I think the OP was just trying to find a comparison set and was asked to share her/his supplements, so the OP did.

I'm glad the orginal poster shared their supplements because I'm kind of curious what i might expect moving forward. I'm kind of having supplements blues. Of course, they are not a big deal, but I rather not take them. I did not care at first, but not, I'm like, this is pain to keep up with, so I was happy to see the OP does not take anymore than I did right now.

Spikey, I think the OP was just trying to find a comparison set and was asked to share her/his supplements, so the OP did.

I'm glad the orginal poster shared their supplements because I'm kind of curious what i might expect moving forward. I'm kind of having supplements blues. Of course, they are not a big deal, but I rather not take them. I did not care at first, but not, I'm like, this is pain to keep up with, so I was happy to see the OP does not take anymore than I did right now.

I understand, but...I think it might be a little bit ill-advised to think that what one person needs would have anything to do with what the next person should expect to need.

I know that YOU know better...but some of those lurkers who hide in the shadows might think that going by a list of what somewhat else uses "will do," especially if that person is trying to save money on lab work.

I have no problem with sharing what we take, I just want to be on record with a disclaimer that the important part is having the right lab tests administered.

cal citrate 500 3 times/day
d3,50 /2/day
A25/2 day
Dry vit E
Super B complex
b100
centrum silver multi vite
biotin
calcitriol script
potassium

vit c chewable
folic acid x 2
1 prescription iron
1 copper

going to add strontium citrate/630 mg/boron 3mg /mk-7 and collagen

protein drink 3 times/day

currently d is super high so backed off that and will go back for check in a month
osteoporosis

Thanks for sharing, Gofish.

Mine at 17+ years out, age 67.
Normal BMI

(Vit regime based on MY labs, Spiky Bugger :D)

3000mg calcium (2000mg BoneUp + 1000mg UpCal D) broken into 5 doses
1000mg KAL magnesium glycinate, broken into 3 doses
2 Adult Centrum
Jarrow 1000 B12 (Sunday only)
Biotech D3-50 (200,000iu)
Biotech K1-1000 (5,000iu)
Superior Source Triple K sublingual
Superior Source K2 MK7 sublingual
Zinc 150mg
Biotech A-25 (50,000iu)
Vitamin C 1000mg
DHC heme iron 2/day
Probiotic
Metamucil fiber
(6 daily vit doses)

Gofish What's your age? Any labs you struggle with? What's your PTH, K1, D25OH (with ranges)?
Have you been treated for your osteoporosis?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, Gofish.

Mine at 17+ years out:
3000mg calcium (2000mg BoneUp + 1000mg UpCal D) broken into 5 doses
1000mg KAL magnesium glycinate, broken into 3 doses
2 Adult Centrum
Jarrow 1000 B12 (Sunday only)
Biotech D3-50 (200,000iu)
Biotech K1-1000 (5,000iu)
Superior Source Triple K sublingual
Superior Source K2 MK7 sublingual
Zinc 150mg
Biotech A-25 (50,000iu)
Vitamin C 1000mg
DHC heme iron 2/day
Probiotic
Metamucil fiber
(6 daily vit doses)

What's your age? Any labs you struggle with? What's your PTH, K1, D25OH (with ranges)?
Have you been treated for your osteoporosis?

Hi Susan,

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I'm glad to have a someone with your amount of DS experience on this board!

Latest posts

Back