Vitamin A & D Injections

My PCP did my initial A injection back here but he couldn't get the serum through his system. Walgreens or CVS (can't remember which one) has a specialty pharmacy at one of our local hospitals and she was able to get through her supply chain. It was $50 and the cash price from pharmacy in La Habra is cheaper so I now order from there instead, but that first time doc write script and I brought serum to them and they did the shot. Now I have a nurse friend do for me.

It all depends on the person. I had one in October when I had my last surgery and needed another one a month later. I am still in range but low end now. I am going to order another one along with my D, but might wait another month before actually injecting the A. I still supplement.

I know for others the A and D injections last 6-12 months but that is when they check labs..

I am bringing back this old thread to ask about suppliers for injectable Vit D and A. DSRIGGS Marquis Mark are you still getting Vit D injections? DSRIGGS or anyone else, are you still ordering from a compounding pharmacy? I was told that Dr. K's office is out of Vit D and has not been able to find any recently.

I haven't had a Vitamin D shot in almost a year. I've been taking 200,00/day instead.

Now we can't get D shots anymore, either? Yikes.

How's your Vitamin A level doing?

I haven't had a Vitamin D shot in almost a year. I've been taking 200,00/day instead.

Now we can't get D shots anymore, either? Yikes.

How's your Vitamin A level doing?

Both my A and D are right around 30. I'm scheduled for a Vit A injection this month. I was hoping for a D injection too but it doesn't look like that will happen due to lack of availability. How's your D, Ca, and PTH?

I never could correlate the benefit of the D injection. I got a few and didn't see any change in my level; sometimes it would even drop. Then 6 months later it might go up a little or a lot, but I could never tell whether that was the injection or the large oral amounts.

My last D was 52, PTH was 74 and calcium was 9.3. Since starting Urocit, my oxalate levels have dropped a lot so I've increased my calcium to 2,500. I'll get retested next month. We'll see what happens.

I never could correlate the benefit of the D injection. I got a few and didn't see any change in my level; sometimes it would even drop. Then 6 months later it might go up a little or a lot, but I could never tell whether that was the injection or the large oral amounts.

My last D was 52, PTH was 74 and calcium was 9.3. Since starting Urocit, my oxalate levels have dropped a lot so I've increased my calcium to 2,500. I'll get retested next month. We'll see what happens.

When I read about lack of results with Vit D injections I started to wonder about the quality and actual quantity of D in the injection. Maybe I am just overly suspicious. I contacted a compounding pharmacy in CA and they told me they compound D with 10,000 mg of D. That is a drop in the bucket for Vit D.

When I read about lack of results with Vit D injections I started to wonder about the quality and actual quantity of D in the injection. Maybe I am just overly suspicious. I contacted a compounding pharmacy in CA and they told me they compound D with 10,000 mg of D. That is a drop in the bucket for Vit D.
The D injections Dr K had the compounding pharmacy make for him has 600,00p IU of D. As Dr K says, it is just vitamin D powder mixed in surgical grade olive oil.

BTW it jumps my D nicely when I get the injection. I just don't do it often enough. Dr k had recommended doing every month for 2-3 months until I caught up because with all my surgery my body used much more than under normal circumstances so I had to replace the deficit to get to even and then build from there. Like an idiot I only got around to 1 every 6 months because I couldn't find around here so had to order from Cali and then get somebody to inject me.

Latest posts

Back