Very Bad about taking vitiamns

My son wants me to put a disclaimer on this saying what goes in one ear goes out the other (because DH and DS have been giving me a lot of crap) but that is not true.

No offense and all, but..they may be right.

I remember when I had severe pneumonia and was just not getting enough oxygen, even in hospital hooked up to the stuff. I realized that I was having trouble with complete thoughts or remembering what I wanted to say.

If you are far enough along in deficiencies that you are experiencing physical symptoms you can identify...there may be other changes you cannot see, but they can.

So they MAY be seeing stuff that you aren't recognizing.

And they love you.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can get over the counter Zantac or Pepcid as an acid reducer to work with your PPI. What have you tried for the nausea? I would get something to take and then in about 30 minutes take your vites. I think the protein and B12 are the most important right now because all of your vites will tank if your protein is too low, even if you are taking the right amount. Try ginger, ginger tea, peppermint tea for nausea. How much fluids are you getting?

I just re-read what I wrote. Crap! All of your vites are important right now AND they all ride on protein. Get them in somehow, even if you have to feel nauseated. Maybe your NP will Rx you an anti-nausea pill?

I am reading all sugestions and I will be leaving in about 15 minutes for my appointment. These are question and or subjects I am going to bring up.
Swellling tingle in feet/leg/ankle.
TPN in case I really have tanked.
DS wants me to ask about conjestive heart failure.
Let her know I am also looseing hair
Ask about different PPI
Of course orders for complete lab work
Any other suggestions before I go?
Barb

I am reading all sugestions and I will be leaving in about 15 minutes for my appointment. These are question and or subjects I am going to bring up.
Swellling tingle in feet/leg/ankle.
TPN in case I really have tanked.
DS wants me to ask about conjestive heart failure.
Let her know I am also looseing hair
Ask about different PPI
Of course orders for complete lab work
Any other suggestions before I go?
Barb

Rx for nausea?

Okay, you are right at 4 months out...hair loss is natural...not sure he can help that. Altho you CAN make sure you are as healthy as possible so what comes back is healthy.

I just got settled after a long visit with nurse practitioner a trip to Walmart then Walgreens. I am tired. I have to go by in the early morning to get lab orders for Quest. I am going to take a picture of the orders with my I-phone so I can see what she ordered. She said my doctor was not happy with all the labs that where ordered last year. I wasn't happy at all with this. I know they are not checking E or K1 K2 and copper. She wasn't going to check my D but I insisted. I have a follow-up appointment with my PCP on the Feb 28. I will definitely have a talk with her about the lab work needed for me. She has really been a good doctor and was willing to get better educated with my DS surgery. When I signed up for Obama care I had an insurance picked out that would cost us nothing per month. Then I found out that my PCP and GI doc was not on that plan so I took the one that now costs me 243.00 per month but covered her and my GI doc. I will go in with so much paperwork to back up why the labs are needed. If she doesn't listen then I will be shopping for a new PCP.
Now for what I did find out is that my last few times that I saw them my blood pressure has been trending up. When the nurse took it was 158/100. Yikes!! It stayed that way the whole time I was there. Which was about 30 minutes. They took it three more times and it stayed the same. Deep breathing trying to relax did nothing.
She put me on Losartan 50mg for that. She said the swelling in my ankle/feet/legs the last few days is because when I am setting my extra hanging fat (pannie) is cutting the circulation off in my legs. She of course also believes my B levels are low. I am to make sure I get up every hour and walk around the house and stay standing for a while so I am up and not setting all the time. I found this a little funny because I do all the cleaning, cooking, and wash so I am not always setting. I talked a little about TPN but she said we will talk about that if all levels are tanked. I will just have to wait and see.
She changed my PPI to Dexilant 60mg and added Ranitdine 300mg at bedtime. I sure hope this helps with heartburn indigestion. I already take the generic for Zolfram. That helps with nausea. She says I definitely don't have congestive heart failure. Yeah I think I can thank my DS for the high blood pressure, making me think about that. That's not true I love him for caring enough to google and checking out my symptoms. I know I am probably forgetting something but I am really tired. It has been a long day. I wanted you all to know that I did get in a protein shake (YUCK) today with the vitamins added. For breakfast I had a half sandwich on rye bread loaded with ham and swiss cheese. It stayed down just fine. For dinner I had a nice size portion of rotisserie chicken and a couple bites of peas. That was at least two hours ago and it is still just setting there. I know this sounds weird but I can almost always tell when something is digesting or isn't. I can almost guarantee this is going to get painful and not digest before I go to bed. I will wake up in the middle of the night throwing up in my mouth or all over the bed. The chicken was put in the food processor so it does not make sense to me at all. On a good note I found a pill form B-Complex instead of the nasty capsule I can't stand. I got some B1 and B12 too. I have most of the rest of the vitamins on hand so tomorrow is a new day and it will start after I go get my labs drawn. Thanks for caring, advise, and web sites and all other info but especially for taking the time to be here. I will post lab results when I get them.
Barb

Thanks for posting, Barb. We are all worried about you as you can tell. Hopefully the Dexilant and zantac will be what you need. Dexilant is like a miracle for me but I cannot afford it. :( Do you have a BP cuff to check your own BP? They are not real expensive for peace of mind. Keep on with the nasty protein shakes. I will be waiting for your labs. Feel better!!

Your son is 100% right. It does go in one ear and out the other. Tell your son and husband you belong in urgent followup and may very well need TPN. You are going to die.

Hi,
How were your levels prior to surgery in Sept? We are all worried about you...

I was unable to eat by mouth for several months following revision surgery. Then when I could it was liquid only. When I could finally get vitamins in, about month 7, they would not stay down. I took them anyway some stayed most did not. It was a crap shoot. I still have issues but I find if I coat my stomach with liquid ant-acid first they go down better. I drink the stuff. Also having a little food in my stomach tends to help too. Not much just a bite of cheese. I also take them about 10 minutes apart. My labs are not great they are trending down D is in the crapper. But I am getting them in. Dr. K told me to keep trying so I did. You can too. Take your vits barb even if it hurts.

Whit

Barb...I don't like your doctor's attitude about your labs. I think s/he needs a letter reminding him/her that the DS is a life-saving surgery which, if the patient is not monitored correctly...forever...becomes a death sentence. And advising the PCP that if s/he feels that ordering essential labs a few times a year is too onerous a task, that you need a referral to a PCP who is more comfortable with this quite routine, in our circles, protocol.

This is simply not negotiable.

And say hi to your son for me. He is probably right. You may well be nuts...right now.

You are very right Sue and they know I am very unhappy. When I got the orders this am they aren't even checking my PTH or protein. They said if the ones I am having done are bad they will order the rest. I again told them that the people on this board are very concerned for meas I am and my family. They ordered the following and it was only 7 vile of blood. Last year I had 16 or 17 drawn.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel cbc (H/H, RBC. indices WBC PLT) , PLT ferritin(at my insistence) VitB1 Whole Blood, iron and total iron binding, lipid panel, B6, B12, B2 Riboflann, vitA.
No not happy at all. Again I brought up the TPN and they are waiting for the results of these before they order anymore blood work and the TPN will be decided depending on the results. I also have to have a mammogram and osteoporosis screening test. I really am not nuts although I surely understand why you would think that. I have been very stupid and none compliant since the surgery with Dr. K. It was like having the DS all over again. Sip walk rest. Before that I was doing protein shakes and the powdered vitamins plus some calcium B's and D. The complex B and vit A and iron are what would get me nausea. I now have all my vitamins according to Vita Lady's plan sorted and ready to take. I am just hoping I am not to late to turn it around. I am sure En is right about the TPN but I can't order it for myself. On a good note my blood pressure was down to 136/92. Not great but acceptable for now.

Whit- Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you have had your share of issues. I did start the vits as soon as I got back from having lab work done.

En- All I can say is I hope your wrong! That I don't die and I haven't done any permanent damage. Some people think you're a mean old bitch but I know you really care and would just like to kick the shit out of me right now!

SHales- Thank you for caring and the PPI Dexilant and the generic Zantac seems to be working better. I took the Vit A this am and the iron and know heartburn so that is a positive sign and yes I have a BP digital cuff. It is down a little.

Switcharoo- Thanks for the prayers. I need them. You sound just like me. I am not a real religious person. I wasn't raised that way but I want to believe there is something better when I die so for that reason I have found myself praying more the older I get.

Barb

Latest posts

Back