Upgrade complete

But I had to MANUALLY fix what the SPOILER button in the ribbon did - the first entry was what was the result of using the spoiler button - it isn't working.

Let me try to say it more clearly: I clicked on the SPOILER button. It presented me with a box to type in. I typed This is what I'm HIDING and then clicked Continue.

The following (minus the spaces) showed up in my typing box: [ SPOILER="This is what I'm HIDING"][/SPOILER ] - clearly, that's wrong - there should be no =, no quotes, and the close bracket should be BEFORE the text that is the spoiler text.

But I had to MANUALLY fix what the SPOILER button in the ribbon did - the first entry was what was the result of using the spoiler button - it isn't working.

Let me try to say it more clearly: I clicked on the SPOILER button. It presented me with a box to type in. I typed This is what I'm HIDING and then clicked Continue.

The following (minus the spaces) showed up in my typing box: [ SPOILER="This is what I'm HIDING"][/SPOILER ] - clearly, that's wrong - there should be no =, no quotes, and the close bracket should be BEFORE the text that is the spoiler text.
Like the quote button, you CAN just highlight what you want to hide (like you would highlight what you want to quote) and then hit the spoiler button. And you can leave the box that shows in the popup blank and it still works.

So it works if you type the message in the regular box, then highlight it and mark it Spoiler.

Or - wait - maybe the text box is to write something in the Spoiler tab?!

AHA! That's what the problem was! You have to type the spoiler message in the regular text box, highlight it, and THEN, go to the Spoiler tab, where - ONLY if there is text already highlighted - it will allow you to label the spoiler tab itself!

I've been working thru BB Codes for over a decade and I still have issues getting them correct. The new version of this software has added custom BB code ability...really need to figure THAT out.

Latest posts

Back