Upgrade complete

So, I don't see a spoiler alert (which I posted as "Titanic - Spoiler Alert") - just my post.
Did you hit the spoiler button? It's the one called Insert and Spoiler is one option.
The ship sinks

What it looks like in code: [ Spoiler ] (without spaces) and then the same on the other side of the text [ / Spoiler ] (without spaces).

The text IN the box is what it will be called. To actually make the spoiler, you have to type stuff in between the [ Spoiler ]Typing stuff in between[ / Spoiler ] (And remember, those tags have no spaces.

Another way is to type what you want to hide, highlight it>then click the Insert>Spoiler and if you want a title then put it IN that box

Trying again: As before, there is a bracketed thing that shows up (inserting spaces to mess up the code so you can see it) [ SPOILER="THRICE"][/SPOILER ]
But I'll bet it doesn't show up again ... how about YOU post a spoiler alert and I'll tell you if I can see it?

YUP - it's still not there in my message. Where is it supposed to show up, anyway?

This is what it looks like
What I highlighted for the screenshot will now be hidden:

Screen shots to follow once processed.

Ah, OK - it's the spoiler BUTTON that's not working then. I used the spoiler button, and what showed up in my message the way I showed you, with the = sign (and minus the extra spaces I put in so you could see the code. What I typed into the spoiler box did not appear at all.

The spoiler button works...what you type IN the pop up box is what it will be called. It's what you type between the ] and the [ that is hidden.

It's the same theory behind the [ quote ] button and the [ IMG ]

I used the button, and (minus the spaces) this is what it looks like as I'm typing my post:
[ SPOILER="This is the text that I'm HIDING"][/SPOILER ]

Now, I'll redo what the button inserted into my typing box, but I'll delete the = and the quote marks, and move the ] to right after the word SPOILER instead of after the text, (and change the text a little):
This is the text that I'm hiding NOW

Latest posts

Back