Update

This is really great to read. You must be feeling like you can start to exhale a bit. In the right sectors this is plenty of demand, and I wouldn't sweat about that gap in work history. People our age often go from having responsibilities with kids, to then helping our parents. It's not really anyone's business what that gap was about.

This is really great to read. You must be feeling like you can start to exhale a bit. In the right sectors this is plenty of demand, and I wouldn't sweat about that gap in work history. People our age often go from having responsibilities with kids, to then helping our parents. It's not really anyone's business what that gap was about.
Thanks. The thing with the gap is that it is a natural question when they see on the resume no work since OCt of 15. It doesn't always get asked directly but often it is one the client will ask the recruiter. I can explain it but when you are trying to get a General Manager of VP Ops type job with significant P&L responsibility you almost have to proactively kill the elephant in the room in order to get to the next stop.

That being said I have had a rough 4 days. Again, my lows are not near as low as they were so I am progressing and hopefully I can get the bad days to go away completely. My strength is better and I think that is because I am absorbing better. Diarrhea has been my problem the last few days so I started taking fiber today to see if it helps. Now that I have the strength back I probably need to tweak my diet a bit as well.

I've been checked in waiting for this post. I will continue to pray for your full recovery. Have they tested you for allergies? Was a fecal transplant ever discussed?

Thanks hon.

No, I have never had a discussion on fecal transplant other talking about in general with an ER Doc one time. Hopefully the fiber helps to keep diarrhea away and that in turn keeps my energy up.

No allergies.

Promise me (if things don't get better) that you will at least Google the topic fecal transplant. I am aware of several people who were absolutely "transformed" within a few short hours after having this procedure. I'm still thinking and praying for you Scott!

Promise me (if things don't get better) that you will at least Google the topic fecal transplant. I am aware of several people who were absolutely "transformed" within a few short hours after having this procedure. I'm still thinking and praying for you Scott!
No worries. I am not opposed to a fecal transplant if needed.

I just posted this on Dr K's group on FB (Duodenal Switch) so I am lazy and just going to copy it here so I don't have to retypd.

So for the first time I can recall for at least 18 months both my total protein and albumin are both in range. Barely in range, but in range.
17800092_10209581000984960_620002342755956187_n.jpg

The strange thing is that I am not really pushing hard on my daily protein intake. These values being up is probably the reason why I am feeling better. My D is still too low at 58 & PTH too high at 52 so I will get another injection and pop it up. That being said my energy level is much better. I do need to start supplementing B12 as it is a bit low at 560 and my folic acid is only 14.5 (7-31.4) range. My RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit are still low as well so my anemia continues but I am not always cold anymore. Platelets are almost below range as well but still in. In any case I am feeling better and I know anemia is simply something I am going to have to live but hopefully my energy keeps improving.

I just posted this on Dr K's group on FB (Duodenal Switch) so I am lazy and just going to copy it here so I don't have to retypd.

So for the first time I can recall for at least 18 months both my total protein and albumin are both in range. Barely in range, but in range.
17800092_10209581000984960_620002342755956187_n.jpg

The strange thing is that I am not really pushing hard on my daily protein intake. These values being up is probably the reason why I am feeling better. My D is still too low at 58 & PTH too high at 52 so I will get another injection and pop it up. That being said my energy level is much better. I do need to start supplementing B12 as it is a bit low at 560 and my folic acid is only 14.5 (7-31.4) range. My RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit are still low as well so my anemia continues but I am not always cold anymore. Platelets are almost below range as well but still in. In any case I am feeling better and I know anemia is simply something I am going to have to live but hopefully my energy keeps improving.

Zinc and Copper levels in line?

Thank you ladies. I am far from back to perfect, but lately my good days have been pretty good and the bad days have been bearable to where I can at least function and not be curled up in bed most of the day. I am taking it day by day and week by week.

Hopefully something materializes soon on the job front, but the gap is not an easy one to explain nor do I want to take a job unless I really like the opportunity and location. It will 18 months soon and telling a prospective employer "hey don't worry I have just been so unhealthy the last 18 months that I couldn't even drive, but hey I am better now and won't get sick on you and leave you in a lerch, trust me" is not a real good story to tell. Nor is it easy to explain why you haven't found a job in 18 months. I wasn't looking isn't a great message nor is I was looking (wasn't) but apparently nobody wanted me......so we will have to figure out the message and selling strategy. In any case I will start working my network and see what we can turn up.

It's a relief to hear you're turning a corner. You deserv the bst brother. Heal. X

It's a relief to hear you're turning a corner. You deserv the bst brother. Heal. X
Thank you Kirmy. I hope you are doing well. You have always been an inspiration to me because you are so damn tough and are such a strong fighter.

How's it going Scott?
Hi and thanks for being such a sweetheart and worrying about me. You are such a sweet lady.

I am doing okay. Several good days followed by a bad day or two (today is one of the rough days being one of the "clean out" days that leaves me wiped out....but not as bad as it was 4 months ago). I am looking for a job but there are days that I feel like I am fooling myself thinking I can do an "8-5" type management job. Then there are days when I think I can do it....so it is still kind of a day to day thing. I do fear that I am going to eventually need my sigmoid colon and possibly left side colon removed because things just don't "flow right" (only way I know how to describe it). I also think something is going on with my bladder because I urinate a lot (2-4 time a night when trying to sleep) and like my bowels I feel like I don't empty all the way

Hopefully you are doing well.

Latest posts

Back