Update

Thank you ladies. I am far from back to perfect, but lately my good days have been pretty good and the bad days have been bearable to where I can at least function and not be curled up in bed most of the day. I am taking it day by day and week by week.

Hopefully something materializes soon on the job front, but the gap is not an easy one to explain nor do I want to take a job unless I really like the opportunity and location. It will 18 months soon and telling a prospective employer "hey don't worry I have just been so unhealthy the last 18 months that I couldn't even drive, but hey I am better now and won't get sick on you and leave you in a lerch, trust me" is not a real good story to tell. Nor is it easy to explain why you haven't found a job in 18 months. I wasn't looking isn't a great message nor is I was looking (wasn't) but apparently nobody wanted me......so we will have to figure out the message and selling strategy. In any case I will start working my network and see what we can turn up.

I'm glad you've turned a corner, Scott. Not that anyone deserves poor health, but you definitely deserve the best of health going forward - you've had your share of woes for a lifetime now!

Im so excited for you Scott!!!! Its about time things go right for you <3 Hoping life conspires to make things great again! Hah. 'Make Scotts Life Great Again'...now there is a hat I would wear ;)

Scott, I am so happy to hear you're turning the corner on your health! I am hoping you continue to turn the corner and feel wonderful. I am confident you will find a job that is perfect for you, you deserve it. I will continue to send good vibes to you.

well @DSRIGGS you are still struggling with holding your weight! Sorry to hear that sunshine. I'm sure you have probably heard that I'm having no problems keeping my weight up. I'm keeping it up too darn well. Dr. K wants me at 130 to do my component separation and I'm at 175. I go to the gym 5 days a week 2.5 to 3 hours a day and the freaking scale will not budge downwards. My hernia is now so large that probably 10 times in the last month I have been embarrassed by someone saying something about my pregnancy. Uggh. I took my last steroid injection almost 3 weeks ago. I'm praying I can now drop some weight. So if you cant get that weight up you can follow me and eat everything I eat, That will get you up there! Lol just being a smart azz!

Last edited:
Wonderful news! I'd explain the gap by saying your prior employer, the key employer in the area, downsized significantly, but you wanted to stay in your current home until your child finished school. However, that is on the horizon, so you are now ready, willing and able to move, thus are expanding the search radius. Or something similar....

Last edited:
well @DSRIGGS you are still struggling with holding your weight! Sorry to hear that sunshine. I'm sure you have probably heard that I'm having no problems keeping my weight up. I'm keeping it up too darn well. Dr. K wants me at 130 to do my complete separation and I'm at 175. I go to the gym 5 days a week 2.5 to 3 hours a day and the freaking scale will not budge downwards. My hernia is now so large that probably 10 times in the last month I have been embarrassed by someone saying something about my pregnancy. Uggh. I took my last steroid injection almost 3 weeks ago. I'm praying I can now drop some weight. So if you cant get that weight up you can follow me and eat everything I eat, That will get you up there! Lol just being a smart azz!
Thanks and I hope you get the weight down and the component separation goes well for you. You need some good fortune.

Wonderful news! I'd explain the gap by saying your prior employer, the key employer in the area, downsized significantly, but you were wanted to stay in your current home until your child finished school. However, that is on the horizon, so you are now ready, willing and able to move, thus are expanding the search radius. Or something similar....
Thanks Hilary, and good idea.

well @DSRIGGS you are still struggling with holding your weight! Sorry to hear that sunshine. I'm sure you have probably heard that I'm having no problems keeping my weight up. I'm keeping it up too darn well. Dr. K wants me at 130 to do my component separation and I'm at 175. I go to the gym 5 days a week 2.5 to 3 hours a day and the freaking scale will not budge downwards. My hernia is now so large that probably 10 times in the last month I have been embarrassed by someone saying something about my pregnancy. Uggh. I took my last steroid injection almost 3 weeks ago. I'm praying I can now drop some weight. So if you cant get that weight up you can follow me and eat everything I eat, That will get you up there! Lol just being a smart azz!

Child! I told that man to cut you some slack! Want me to go with you and slap him around?

Prednisone frequently causes weight gain, and moon face and furry earlobes or furry faces. It takes time post-prednisone. Stop fretting...the hunger and weight gain will go away. In time.

Child! I told that man to cut you some slack! Want me to go with you and slap him around?

Prednisone frequently causes weight gain, and moon face and furry earlobes or furry faces. It takes time post-prednisone. Stop fretting...the hunger and weight gain will go away. In time.

I know you told him that. I think I'm harassing myself more than anyone. Like I told my cousin who tries to get me to not go to go to the gym 5 days a week. She can not go to the gym and no one will say anything because although she is morbidly obese she didn't have WLS. WHEREAS, with me being overweight/barley obese everyone is going to have something to say. I had WLS twice. This last time I almost died 3 times because of the WLS I had. people are going to be after going through all that I should not be over weight let a lone obese. I can't even say I blame them because I would be a non sympathetic person looking in saying she's a fat azz. after 2 WLS and she cannot have self control enough to keep her weight down.

so u see why I'm stressed about it plus the fact Dr. K told me to loose the excess....

I know you told him that. I think I'm harassing myself more than anyone. Like I told my cousin who tries to get me to not go to go to the gym 5 days a week. She can not go to the gym and no one will say anything because although she is morbidly obese she didn't have WLS. WHEREAS, with me being overweight/barley obese everyone is going to have something to say. I had WLS twice. This last time I almost died 3 times because of the WLS I had. people are going to be after going through all that I should not be over weight let a lone obese. I can't even say I blame them because I would be a non sympathetic person looking in saying she's a fat azz. after 2 WLS and she cannot have self control enough to keep her weight down.

so u see why I'm stressed about it plus the fact Dr. K told me to loose the excess....

NONE...nuthin', zero...of what "people" (except the doctor, and sometimes they need to be reminded of details) think or say about you and/or your weight means diddly squat.

Latest posts

Back