Update

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
As most of you know I was in St Mary's Hospital (Main Mayo hospital in Rochester) for 3 days at the end of January because my BP was so low and I felt incredibly weak and other symptoms. I bottomed out at 167 lbs when inpatient. Although a cause for my passing out was not really found, but some things were ruled out. In any case I don't know why but since that time I have gained 15 lbs and am now hovering around 182. On Monday I finally called a disability attorney so I could get his help in filing. For whatever reason, honestly haven't changed anything, I started getting energy back and I am feeling better than I have in the last 2.5 years. My pooping has been far less painful and I feel like I am emptying well. The chronic fatigue and weakness is so much better as well.

In any case, I am cautiously optimistic that I have finally turned the corner and that my absorption might finally be at a level similar to that of a more typical DSr. In fact I emailed a recruiter I know last night and told him to get his ass in gear and find that next opportunity for me because if I continue to feel this way I am able and ready to return to the world of the working.

Again, I am cautiously optimistic but for the first time in a long, long time I actually feel like I might have a shot at a normal life. I can't tell you how important that is for my psyche.

I realize that things can do a 180 in a heartbeat so I am exercising caution, but the job search is beginning in earnest for the first time in a year. Please wish me well and if any of you need a very good Operations Manager (Director of Operations, VP responsible for several business Units, Business Unit Manager, etc.) or know of anyone looking for that, please let me know. BTW, I have an MBA, 25 years of very strong experience and I am a certified PMP (Project Management Professional). I am also a great people person who loves mentoring others to help them attain their career goals....and most of all, I need a freaking job before we lose everything we own. :D

Thanks for all of the prayers, critters swung, fantastic support and general good vibes you have all provided me over the years. I am hoping this is real and not a false alarm because I really, really need to be healthy and stay that way.

Latest posts

Back