Update on my colectomy - IT IS A GO FOR 10/20

Hi Scott I've been following along. Glad to hear your issues are being resolved (at last) and you will be coming home to IL. Just in time to celebrate the CUBS winning the World Series! It took my MD a LONG time to slowly up my thyroid medication. He couldn't quite believe I needed that much. I take 212mg. They are finally use to me at the Pharmacy, because for a long time they thought it was a mistake. hahahahaha Anyway, the thyroid medication made a world of difference for my energy level. Is there any concern about the adhesions returning? I guess you can't do to much about that anyway. I'm sending you great vibes and putting in prayers for you. :)

Hi Scott I've been following along. Glad to hear your issues are being resolved (at last) and you will be coming home to IL. Just in time to celebrate the CUBS winning the World Series! It took my MD a LONG time to slowly up my thyroid medication. He couldn't quite believe I needed that much. I take 212mg. They are finally use to me at the Pharmacy, because for a long time they thought it was a mistake. hahahahaha Anyway, the thyroid medication made a world of difference for my energy level. Is there any concern about the adhesions returning? I guess you can't do to much about that anyway. I'm sending you great vibes and putting in prayers for you. :)
Thanks Hon. Yeah he said the 0.5 I was on was nothing so he is doing the slowly but aggressive as possible approach. Started me on 0.75 after results came back and said 0.88 would be next step. He says that the numbers show me outside of clinic as l hypothyroidism but my symptoms are 100% hypothyroid so he treats the patient not numbers

Adhesion risk is always there after surgery. I worry about that a little but I worry more that even though he got rid of the adhesion messing my colon, that my redundant colon will still be sptomatic..That is, does the redundant portion still need to come out which would mean another surgery. I have left side pain and that is where it is located so it makes me wonder. Hopefully it is just sleepy bowel waking up after surgery and pain pills. I went a little bit this moring but unfortunately not the big one when you feel immense relief. I am hoping for that one soon.

Thsnks

Latest posts

Back