Upcoming DS....can't lose weight :(

Stress eating, I get it, story of my pre-surgery life :) I gained weight before my first surgery (RNY) and I thought my surgeon was going to kill me. Or worse, not perform surgery. He did, but that's because my numbers, physical condition were good in every other way (healthy fat person with no co-morbids!) So, when I got my second time at the rodeo with my revision - and believe me, I was a basket case - instead of thinking of it as dieting I thought of it as training. Diets suck; cleaning up your eating, being in the best shape for surgery and immediately post-0p is great. Don't hate yourself for not being able to diet, feel like a failure, that's awful mentality and one you will soon be free of. Start eating DS style- lots of delicous proteins, watch the simple carbs, don't deprive yourself, but keep it cleaner. You can do this!

Please make sure you keep your protein high. Protein is absolutely necessary for tissue healing. While I understand that leafy greens have fewer calories, you still need to pump the protein. I guess the answer is to ditch the carbs

I just want to say, to hell with this low-calorie diet! I'm going to go low carb instead. I'll keep it to less than 20g carbs a day and the weight should come off. I'm tired of being hungry.

Latest posts

Back