Upcoming DS....can't lose weight :(

At least as of last night, I have lost 2lbs, but who knows, it could be water weight. That's the thing with being so big - you can gain and lose 5lbs throughout the day!

My doc wanted 2 weeks liquid OR 1 lean meal a day.
I knew it was easier to eat nothing for that 2 weeks rather than risk losing my surgery date fom a binge. Date change prob would not have happened but I had come to far to chance it.
Good luck
Kenny

Kenny, you have amazing self-control though...I could never do 2 weeks of liquid - no way no how!!
I've lost another 2lbs. 1 lb above the original consult weight. You sure can lose weight fast when you're big.
I'm trying to keep around 1300 calories a day. In a week or so, I'll cut it down to the 800 I'm supposed to be doing....which is gonna be torture.

Cate, you can do it. Just keep telling yourself "it's temporary". Drinking large amounts of sugar free drinks helped me stay full. When I just couldn't stand it, I froze one of the protein drinks (they were chocolate) and ate it with a spoon.

The good news is this is absolutely the LAST time you will ever have to diet. Now I have to remind myself to eat. I hope you get as much of the ghrelin-producing part of YOUR stomach removed as I did. I'm almost never hungry now.

Eyes on the Prize, baby. Chin up.

I officially start my breakfast/lunch slimfast and lean and green dinner dance tomorrow (ten days till surgery). I kind-of started it today. Of course, I felt like I was starving all day today. I chugged a slimfast then predictably an hour later I have the shakes, dizzy, nauseated and jonesing for food. This is going to suck!

At least we have each other, lol. Misery loves company and all that.

Thanks Sheanie.
newanatomy, do you have reactive hypoglycemia or something? Maybe try a sugar-free protein drink? Feeling hungry is the WORST. Ugh. I can't stand being hungry all the time, just can't tolerate it. If I get too hungry, I start to get nauseated.

I've been trying to drink a lot of Crystal Light.

Kenny, you have amazing self-control though...I could never do 2 weeks of liquid - no way no how!!
I've lost another 2lbs. 1 lb above the original consult weight. You sure can lose weight fast when you're big.
I'm trying to keep around 1300 calories a day. In a week or so, I'll cut it down to the 800 I'm supposed to be doing....which is gonna be torture.

No, you can if you thought it was necessary. I did not have a support board. It seemed if I 'slipped' I would loose my surgery date. I could not do that so liquids, one day, meal, bite (sip) and sometimes minute.
If I did a lean and green? No telling, I may have been fine. Prob not though.
Kenny

I officially start my breakfast/lunch slimfast and lean and green dinner dance tomorrow (ten days till surgery). I kind-of started it today. Of course, I felt like I was starving all day today. I chugged a slimfast then predictably an hour later I have the shakes, dizzy, nauseated and jonesing for food. This is going to suck!

At least we have each other, lol. Misery loves company and all that.

UGH. Munch on goofy crap like raw cukes, highly spiced. It might help a little. Feel free to call or text if you're AFK and wanting to bitch. My voicemail is always open :).

I'm starting my 10 days of boxed meals and protein shakes today as well! I've read the prior posts. It seems like, for me, this is a really stressful time. I have a lot to get done and am anxious. In the past my go-to stress reliever was food. Since I can't have food ( at least the kind I usually eat when stressed) I'm more stressed. Seems like a vicious circle of sorts.

Instead of looking at it as 10 days, I'm going to try to divide it up. I'm just focused on today. I will get through today and then tomorrow is another day to do. Also, as much as I love diet pop, I know it makes me hungry. I just got through a nasty sinus infection and bronchitis. I didn't have pop for 10 days and it was amazing how much less hungry I was. That being said, diet pop is my devil and I need an exorcism. :) I'm coping with giving it up post-op. I can and will do it... It just sucks to think about now....

Just remember what this part of your weight loss surgery journey is really for...shrinking your liver enough so it gets out of the way of where your surgeon is going to need to work.

It was hard for me too. God, it was so freakin' hard! Didn't have to go liquids until the afternoon before surgery, but I did the whole low-carb, low-fat, high-protein dance before my revision. It sucked, but I kept telling myself with each healthy choice I made over something crappy that this was likely the last time I had to do this. Every protein shake over pizza was getting my liver just that much more out of Dr. Simper's way. I was doing something to help him so he could help me.

It's really just another one of those hoops we have to jump through to get what we want. Just know people are there with you and spirit and we know just how crappy this time before your big day is :)

Thank you. It's getting easier as I go. I'm logging everything I eat/drink that has calories. I can do this. It's just a bit tough for me. I gave up a long time ago - just said to hell with it, was gonna eat what I wanted. I've been doing that for several years. I was already fat, I told myself, so what did it matter? Now I have to backtrack on that and learn to deny myself the high calorie items that I usually ate. It is getting easier, though.

Thank you. It's getting easier as I go. I'm logging everything I eat/drink that has calories. I can do this. It's just a bit tough for me. I gave up a long time ago - just said to hell with it, was gonna eat what I wanted. I've been doing that for several years. I was already fat, I told myself, so what did it matter? Now I have to backtrack on that and learn to deny myself the high calorie items that I usually ate. It is getting easier, though.
Oh I hear you sista. I did the same thing. It's very hard to break that "fuck it, I don't care" attitude once you've had it for a long time, but you can do it, just remember it's for the short term and it's NORMAL to be pissed about it too ;)

If you do low carb you will not be hungry . I was supposed to lose weight for 6 months prior to WLS an for my insurance requirements and instead of losing I gained 35 more pounds and having the same fear that they would not cover me.I told them I quit smoking and 35 pounds more and they said that was ok cause of the smoking stopping. Can you read between the lines ? Good luck to you . you can ,you can !!I LOST 135 POUNDS IN 6 MONTHS SINCE MY DS ! YABBER DABBER DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Latest posts

Back