UK Newbie revisionist

What an ordeal, Les, but good you're home where it is quiet and comfortable and on the mend. Hospitals are not the place for peace, that's for sure.

Men seem to have a hard time urinating with narcotics and anesthesia. I don't know if codeine has this same effect. These drugs can also cause constipation.

Your bruise sounds nasty, like they dropped you on the floor during the transfer. It is probably, though, just from some nasty position they had you in for 7 hours on the hard operating table. I injured my back somehow (I don't think it was related to my surgery) and when I went to the chiropractor last week, he said a lot of his patients come in with post-surgery back issues, bruises and even back-of-the-head bald spots.

I can't comment on your meds -- I haven't even heard of them besides the first two, and, oh yeah, I'm not a doctor. ;)

Just keep well hydrated -- yes I know it is difficult with a swollen tummy but try -- and things will get better day by day.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - revisions suck! But you got through it and you're still here and that's the main thing.

I agree with @southernlady that the bruise is probably due to positioning, esp with you being on the table longer than expected. Try to keep pressure off that area as best you can. And, keep us posted now that you're post-op. Hopefully the DS will make a big difference for you.

Hi Les, welcome aboard, and my best wishes to you for your success!

Sorry it was tough... but I'm really glad that you're well on the road to recovery. Remember to sip and walk - those things really do help. Best of luck!

Hey @meecestopieces glad you came thru - sounds like it was truly not fun - yep understatement!

bruise in your butt - bet anything it was from a transfer that was a bit aggressive especially since you are on blood thinners. If there was a burn component to it, I would think it is from the pad they use under you for the bovie, but most likely from a transfer.

Vits look ok to get you started, concentrate on fluids first then protein. The lactulose will soften things up - the codeine will constipate you. Take it easy with your new tummy- you have had the most complicated revision there is.

Keep us posted on your progress. We are pulling for you.

What an ordeal, Les, but good you're home where it is quiet and comfortable and on the mend. Hospitals are not the place for peace, that's for sure.

Men seem to have a hard time urinating with narcotics and anesthesia. I don't know if codeine has this same effect. These drugs can also cause constipation.

Your bruise sounds nasty, like they dropped you on the floor during the transfer. It is probably, though, just from some nasty position they had you in for 7 hours on the hard operating table. I injured my back somehow (I don't think it was related to my surgery) and when I went to the chiropractor last week, he said a lot of his patients come in with post-surgery back issues, bruises and even back-of-the-head bald spots.

I can't comment on your meds -- I haven't even heard of them besides the first two, and, oh yeah, I'm not a doctor. ;)

Just keep well hydrated -- yes I know it is difficult with a swollen tummy but try -- and things will get better day by day.
Thank you for the advice and information. Means a lot.

Latest posts

Back