Two Week Checkup!

Pugcrazy

I had my two week checkup today with my surgeon and got a great review! Everything is going well, I've lost 21 pounds since my surgery date (I'm not counting those 6 pounds of fluid I gained after surgery that I was so miffed about!), my incisions are healing well and I'm able to eat and drink just fine. No nausea or vomiting, except for one little episode of liquids coming back up when I turned upside down looking for something under my bed - Oops! I'm getting plenty of fluids in and about 45-50 grams of protein daily. I'm still drinking one Premier Protein RTD's every morning just in case I have a weird day - there have been a few days that I only ate cheese. I've branched out to refried beans, canned chicken and tuna - mashed up with either mayo or creamed cheese. I'm getting a little tired of Greek yogurt and Crystal Light...and stick to water and and a glass decaf iced tea daily.

I'm very pleased with my progress - although I still tire easily (I'm ready to exercise a little more!) but will just start off with some light walking. I have five pugs that keep me up and down all day...so its not like I'm lounging around all day.

My surgeon, Dr. Sharma in Jacksonville Fl has been great! He has texted me every other day checking on me and is always available for questions - he is very thorough in answering me and explaining everything.

One added bonus of my surgery is that I have experienced significant improvement in my arthritic knee! Ten days prior to surgery I quit taking my anti-inflammatory meds, as instructed, and my knee was as bad as its ever been - stiff, is an understatement. I literally limped into the OR prep area like a 100 year old woman. I had had an MRI done 3 months ago in preparation for a knee replacement. I knew that losing weight would improve the result of a knee replacement and that was my goal. Well, about two days after my DS surgery - I am PAIN FREE with full mobility and remain that way today - it blows my mind!!! Dr. Sharma gave me a great explanation on the relationship of inflammation to insulin resistance...which I'll have to research further, but for now I'm doing a HAPPY DANCE!

I'm so glad that the worst part is over and I get on with this new way of life! I've begun my vitamin regimen and will add/subtract as my labs indicate. They will be conducted in 4-6 weeks.

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

My surgeon, Dr. Sharma in Jacksonville Fl has been great! He has texted me every other day checking on me and is always available for questions - he is very thorough in answering me and explaining everything.
Make sure you get a copy of your operative report as everyone needs a cop...If for some reason you need emergency help from another surgeon, it will help. Or if your surgeon retires, stops doing bariatric surgery, or dies (an we have had a couple of surgeons pass away) or you move away, you will have it.

I had my two week checkup today with my surgeon and got a great review! Everything is going well, I've lost 21 pounds since my surgery date (I'm not counting those 6 pounds of fluid I gained after surgery that I was so miffed about!), my incisions are healing well and I'm able to eat and drink just fine. No nausea or vomiting, except for one little episode of liquids coming back up when I turned upside down looking for something under my bed - Oops! I'm getting plenty of fluids in and about 45-50 grams of protein daily. I'm still drinking one Premier Protein RTD's every morning just in case I have a weird day - there have been a few days that I only ate cheese. I've branched out to refried beans, canned chicken and tuna - mashed up with either mayo or creamed cheese. I'm getting a little tired of Greek yogurt and Crystal Light...and stick to water and and a glass decaf iced tea daily.

I'm very pleased with my progress - although I still tire easily (I'm ready to exercise a little more!) but will just start off with some light walking. I have five pugs that keep me up and down all day...so its not like I'm lounging around all day.

One added bonus of my surgery is that I have experienced significant improvement in my arthritic knee! Ten days prior to surgery I quit taking my anti-inflammatory meds, as instructed, and my knee was as bad as its ever been - stiff, is an understatement. I literally limped into the OR prep area like a 100 year old woman. I had had an MRI done 3 months ago in preparation for a knee replacement. I knew that losing weight would improve the result of a knee replacement and that was my goal. Well, about two days after my DS surgery - I am PAIN FREE with full mobility and remain that way today - it blows my mind!!! Dr. Sharma gave me a great explanation on the relationship of inflammation to insulin resistance...which I'll have to research further, but for now I'm doing a HAPPY DANCE!

I'm so glad that the worst part is over and I get on with this new way of life! I've begun my vitamin regimen and will add/subtract as my labs indicate. They will be conducted in 4-6 weeks.
Wow, you're doing wonderfully! I'm so happy for you.

You are doing awesome!

Congratulations - I'm delighted to read how well you are doing, especially the unexpected knee benefits! Please stay hydrated and take it easy!!!!

Latest posts

Back