Twelve weeks out

Oh no that is not the case. After reading your post, I went back read what I wrote, and I just thought that I needed to clarify that I wasn't given a "goal" for fat in case someone was looking for one.

I was just told that I needed more fat.

I took no offense and certainly didn't mean any. Besides, I believe I owe my addiction to Strawberry Crush to you.
Ha! Sorry!

Diarrhea. Plain and simple. They think it is all of the milk that I am drinking.
You could be lactose intolerant of JUST MILK. I am (oh, and ice cream). I can have all other kinds of dairy. I take a lactaid pill daily even now. I ALSO am able to drink milk but it HAS to be raw milk. I use HWC for cooking that says "add milk".

FWIW @DSRIGGS the number may be different for everyone, but I definitely think if you think about DS math (which is an estimate) we SHOULD be aiming for a minimum of more than 100 grams if we want our brains to function. Then there's the skin and the pooping, those vary for everyone, but I believe normies need around 30 grams per day.

This is what we are tyring to determine. So for about a week, I give all dairy except yogurt (and butter - I called and asked), then I can start adding things back to see how they affect me.

You know how your tastes change after surgery? Well, after surgery, I started LOVING milk. I would never just drink milk before - unless I had a donut. Now, I am drinking about 16-24 ounces each day.

They also suggested I try Silk. I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to when I go shopping this weekend.

First of all, congratulations @GirlFriday on your successes thus far! Ok, so, I have the same/similar question???? I realize were all different, BUT….IS there a number that we DS’rs should be striving for or at least be aware of? I just added up all my daily totals and my fat is only about 70g a day. IS THAT ENOUGH? Now that I am FINALLY getting all my protein from food and ixnayed the godforsaken protein shakes, Im needing to look more at fat needed.

I went back to @DianaCox DS math thingy, i.e., (percentage of calories from fat calculation) and looked everywhere and I can’t seem to find that info other than the percentage calculation? I just want a coarse number, an estimate? Is it really 100g or so?

I noticed many other peeps on here have double the amount I'm getting, especially @newanatomy? Not wanting to hijack this thread, but maybe I should start anther post about just Fat.

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations @GirlFriday on your successes thus far! Ok, so, I have the same/similar question???? I realize were all different, BUT….IS there a number that we DS’rs should be striving for or at least be aware of? I just added up all my daily totals and my fat is only about 70g a day. IS THAT ENOUGH? Now that I am FINALLY getting all my protein from food and ixnayed the godforsaken protein shakes, Im needing to look more at fat needed.

I went back to @DianaCox DS math thingy, i.e., (percentage of calories from fat calculation) and looked everywhere and I can’t seem to find that info other than the percentage calculation? I just want a coarse number, an estimate? Is it really 100g or so?

I noticed many other peeps on here have double the amount I'm getting, especially @newanatomy? Not wanting to hijack this thread, but maybe I should start anther post about just Fat.
Will post my reply in a new thread or the one you create.

Latest posts

Back