Trish477

hey- just wanted to chime in here on a couple things, welcome!

The hair loss is scary, but normal and usually temporary. I would shed like a nervous cat and clog the drain with every shower, it passed. It happened before when I crash dieted back in my 20's and lost 120lbs in a little over a year, it happened again post-op, and it happens if I get really sick or super-stressed.. months later, shed-city.

The weight loss- well, that depends on where you started.. I went in at 264 (nearly 5'7) and lost 76lbs by 8mo out, some months were 11+lbs down, one was only 6.. but averaged about 10lbs a month. I lost 111lbs at a year out.. never got afraid to lose too much (VSGers really don't, unless there is a major problem) but I was afraid I wouldn't lose enough!

Not sure about the issues you are having eating, as I don't know the details. I hope that does resolve for you. As far as cholesterol goes, it isn't unusual to see a spike up during fast weight loss. If it stays up when you have been weight stable for several months or more, I'd look at it closer, but during rapid weight loss- it isn't unheard of.

Latest posts

Back