Tomorrow is D(S)-Day!

Diana S.

Tomorrow is my surgery date with Dr. Rabkin!! I honestly didn't think this would all come together, and when it finally did, so dang quickly! So tonight there is zero chance of me sleeping, I'm so amped up, but I'm sure I'll pack and re-pack my little go-bag a bazillion times.

I have scoured the site for what to bring/what to leave behind threads, and I think I'm bringing:
My CPAP (because duh)
chap stick
tablet and super long charger
fuzzy socks
the dress I go in with/the one I'll leave in
ID and Medical Card (no money/cards)

... yeah, that's all I think. Anything else that was super critical? I imagine I'll be sleeping/reading/shuffling around most of my stay.

*happy internal excited screaming*

Add a change or two of underwear. Even if you wear a pair in, they will be "worn" by the time you are ready to go.

Oh and a pillow for the car ride home but it can stay in the car.

Oh, I just got all excited reading your words and it all came rushing back to me, how I felt then. I'm so happy for you and I wish you an easy and low pain recovery.

Susan

You've got the right idea - pack light, and leave anything valuable at home or with a loved one.
Wishing you a safe and successful surgery and an easy recovery! Please have someone let us know asap that you are ok.

All the best!

I'd add some lady supplies that don't come from the maternity ward - which is what you'll get if a period starts immediatly post-op, which happens (for me, I hadn't had one in like a year before surgery, but there it came). Also, flushable wet wipes and poo-porrri or some other scented spray. Bathrobe or long sweater for the hall if you run cold or don't want to do a double gown scenario to keep your backside from display when walking in the hall.

Latest posts

Back