today is the day for more2adore

I got out of surgery just fine but it did take 5 hours. No idea why yet.Both times my surgeon dropped by to check on me I've been high on morphine and not really able to talk. I've felt better today til the last several hours. I have small veins and they can't keep an IV pump working. Now I have to take oral painkillers. Considering I almost threw up a tiny sip of water, this won't be fun.

I got out of surgery just fine but it did take 5 hours. No idea why yet.Both times my surgeon dropped by to check on me I've been high on morphine and not really able to talk. I've felt better today til the last several hours. I have small veins and they can't keep an IV pump working. Now I have to take oral painkillers. Considering I almost threw up a tiny sip of water, this won't be fun.
Oh no. Just remember this is temporary and you'll be better before you know it!

Hope they are giving you an anti nausea med. Just remember, this too shall pass! And we are here for you to grouse at when you feel terrible...but for now, HEAL!

So glad you're on the other side of surgery and hope they can get an IV going. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

glad you are able to post - tell them about anything that feels bad (I had horrible reflux the first night) like the nausea, get all the meds you need!

hooray for a successful leak test! Yes, there seems to be a big delay on the messages. I'll keep my eyes open for them just in case, but hopefully you will be posting yourself by this point.
Let us know if/when you find out why your sleeve took 5 hours. You just had to make life difficult for your surgeon, didn't you!

Not sure when I get to go home yet - they had said 3-4 days and its day 4 today. I'm tolerating fluids well now, and I even was able to swallow an antibiotic caplet without issue this morning. I also, in the span of a couple hours, was able to drink a cup of apple juice, a cup of water, and eat 2/3 of my jello. I've gotten up to walk around several times now, had a bath this morning, changed clothes, etc. and have been doing the breathing exercises prescribed by the physio. And I haven't needed anything for pain except Tylenol. I feel pretty great. We'll see what the surgeon says when he stops by.:)

Latest posts

Back