Today I Advocated for Myself!!!

@Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine do you know his complication and success rate? if it's pretty good and he knows all the specifics about you and your medical specifics then I would not worry myself excessively. I can see why he probably doesn't give exact specification as to what he is going to do or use. What if he gets in and something is different or doesn't seem safe then he may have a lawsuit against him. I'd put on mý final preop paperwork what are the limits of what I won't accept. The main example i can think of having heard someone put is that if a DS is not possible they do not want a Rny or they won't accept a cc larger than. xyz. I think it's going to work out fine for you. Aren't you excited it's literally right around the corner! hip hop hooray

@Susan in Tennessee @Charris Ladies, y'all are right! I think I've read so many dire warnings, I am paranoid about being overly specific. I think I'm afraid that I'll have a less than optimal result, and that everyone is going to say, "Why didn't you verify... Why didn't you ask!?"
LoL. I need to calm my tits.
@Charris Yes ma'am! I'm having super mixed feelings, but Incredibly Excited is definitely one of them!!!

Well first, I have to say I've never heard the expression, "calm my tits" before. I love it!

I think your surgeon did ok. He has acknowledged the "short" common channel, doesn't want to do a tight sleeve, understands why not. The bougie size isn't as important as people think, because it depends more on how tightly the surgeon staples around the bougie. It would have been nice if he had said something about the other limb lengths, but what he said seems fine.

@Charris No judgement, Girl. Who among us hasn't taken a gamble and lost in that department?!
@harrietvane Food Poisoning is no joke!! BTW, every time I see your posts, I always think that you have the best superhero name! Random, but true!

@Clematis You always know what to say!! My surgeon did mention the bougie(I'm so glad you told me the correct pronunciation! I before E, I can work around... But G sounding like Z? The English language is just bazzar!) but he mentioned it briefly, and seemed to get sidetracked, tapering off mid sentence to get back to his original point. I want to say that he mentioned a bougie range of 37-48. To be honest, I was so focused on not getting distracted from the CC conversation, I let that go.
I have read so many different posts about bathroom behavior, and based on veterans responses, I just assumed that I'd have to take it slow with reintroducing things back into my diet, and stay away from carbs. When he was so adamant, however, it shook me a little! The perspective that you offered makes complete sense, though. It's a perfect explanation. Thank You!

If you thought "the English language is just bazzar," wait until some old biddy mentions that it's actually "bizarre." (Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

And you can blame the French for "bougie." I think we can also blame them for the fact that OBGYN and Midwife types say "sawn-a-me-ter" instead of "cen-ti-me-ter." WTF is up with that?

If you thought "the English language is just bazzar," wait until some old biddy mentions that it's actually "bizarre." (Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

And you can blame the French for "bougie." I think we can also blame them for the fact that OBGYN and Midwife types say "sawn-a-me-ter" instead of "cen-ti-me-ter." WTF is up with that?

:ROFLMAO: Damnit, you got me!!

Latest posts

Back