To Old?

I have medicare and bc/bs supplement.
As long as your supplemental policy covers both copays and deductibles, you shouldn't be out anything. Most doctors love it when patients have a supplemental policy--it means they get paid. (Sorry--I'm a Medicare Biller. That's what I do all day, every day. LOL)

Psychomom, Wow, you're the right person to ask about Medicare! LOL! I have looked to see if Dr. K is a Medicare Provider, but can't find him on the list. Any suggestions on how to find out?

Psychomom, Wow, you're the right person to ask about Medicare! LOL! I have looked to see if Dr. K is a Medicare Provider, but can't find him on the list. Any suggestions on how to find out?
Southern Lady is right--call his office and ask. But I'll tell you a secret, if he has admitting privileges at a hospital that accepts Medicare, he has a Medicare NPI number that he bills Medicare with. He can choose to not accept Medicare at his office, but most doctors will.

Southern Lady is right--call his office and ask. But I'll tell you a secret, if he has admitting privileges at a hospital that accepts Medicare, he has a Medicare NPI number that he bills Medicare with. He can choose to not accept Medicare at his office, but most doctors will.
That is a good tip, thank you.
I can understand them not wanting to accept Medicare but finding one who will, ESP for "elective" surgery is a royal pain in the ass.

Latest posts

Back