Thrift shops!

Marianne

As I was beginning my weight loss my nutritionist told me to check out Goodwill, Salvation Army and other thrift stores for smaller sizes. As you can imagine, losing weight quickly with WLS means you change sizes quickly too. I have to dress professionally and found just what I needed at the thrift stores- and the prices allowed me to buy different size each time I made a purchase. I got hooked and have a hard time going to any store other than thrifts. Saved lots of money and found lots of clothes with tags still attached. Try it....you'll like it!

I have gotten clothes all over the place including thrift stores. recently I wanted some simple T shirts, mostly for exercise. I looked at Goodwill but they were often $5.99 and that was more than I wanted to pay.

turns out I can get (cheap, thin) brand news ones for less at this site.

but I love thrift stores, consignment shops, and garage sales in general.

I love thrift stores...we have one that the proceeds benefit the local hospice...and about every 2/3 months they run a $1.00 clothing sale.

The only NEW stuff I had for most of the last three years have been bras, underwear, ONE bathing suit, and shoes.

I DID finally get some new jeans THIS year. But they were on sale. :)

I didn't discover thrift stores till the weight loss phase either. I have gotten some designer dresses that currently sell on EBAY for several hundred $$.

I get comments any time I wear them, but can help but out myself as the tightwad I am when I tell everyone that they were each under 20 bucks.

I went to two different thrift stores plus TJ Maxx and Ross. I need a couple of capris pants. No joy. I did find a LBD though which I hope will be appropriate for my uncle's funeral on June 13.
I am shrinking from the face down. I still have enormous legs/calves, always have, always will. If I find something to fit my waist, I can't get my legs into them. Pouty face!
I did get a Mr. Coffee Keurig maker for the 5th wheel for only $10.00. That was a nice find!

If I find something to fit my waist, I can't get my legs into them.

skirts? especially a wrap.

get something to fit your legs and then have the waist altered?

I dunno - sun dresses never work for me, if the part around my armpits isn't so huge everyone can look in and see my bra then the butt part is too small.

people who learned to sew are the smart ones - I realize I could still learn but it's not going to happen. but it would be smart!

NA- I have the opposite problem- if something "fits" my waist, it's huge and saggy in the thighs/butt since my stomach is disproportionately larger than everything else. I've been doing lots of leggings with tunic tops and skirts/dresses. If you have a small waist, a belt should cinch you in and accent it nicely!

Latest posts

Back