This is non-bariatic-surgery medical...I has a fat.

Ortho doesn't do SI Joint injections...but even if he did...I asked...he'd do that under a local and then I'd get the propofol. The pain cessation, after the injection, is how they tell they have the right spot and where to put the steroid. Afew places do it under a general, but they are guessing at the cause and the "cure" is a crap shoot.

Alas. Fortunately you are a braver woman than I. Hope this all feels better soon!

You guys been calling my doctor? The office just called to ask if I want a local or IV sedation tomorrow!

Seems tbat since this will be the fourth time we will have done this, we know where the problem is.

Well, color me bright NPO starting at 4:30 tomorrow morning! Love me some early morning coffee...lol!

@DianaCox @hilary1617 @Larra @southernlady
Iv sedation everyday all day. I dont ever want to feel anything when something is being excised!!

Fingers crossed for you!

So far, so good. By now, the local is worn off and it is oddly only minimally sore, like from the injections.

But MEANWHILE, of course there's a meanwhile...

I got home a tad loaded on fentanyl and versed. (No propofol today.) My landline had a message from the Ortho saying they still needed an EKG and an okay(¿) from my PCP for my Tuesday surgery. I don't have an HMO, I SELF-referred and DIDN'T need one for today's gig and...oh...yeah...my PCP is the one who said, a whole week ago, that it looked like a lipoma and I should go back to my ortho to have it removed.

BUT, it WAS a Friday afternoon and our local medical groups love to fuck stuff up of Friday afternoons (like my BIL's Rx) when trying to fix things is fruitless.

I have left messages through the customer service people, with the patient liason who helped last time, and on the portal.

The way I figure it, the hospital can do an EKG at admission...but I NEED that okay from the PCP on Monday.

AARGH, again.

My weirdness...so in the procedure room (an OR set up for this) I thanked the physician for doing the procedure at all, given how little Medicare and ins pay for it.

Dr: I guess I still do this because I always have.
Me: But how do you pay the rent? Are these guys [there were three others in the room in addition to the three or four people who helped before and after] all on minimum wage now?
Dave [guy in corner]: I'm a volunteer!
Dr: Yes, once in a while patients look at their EOBs and tell me I should set up a tip jar...but that's against the rules.

(Thinking back...it cost a lot more to get saline added to/subtracted from the stupid lap band port...which is why many of us went to Mexico for that.)

Last edited:
Dang Spikey...I hope all is well.

I simply love how no matter what happens you find humor in the situation and push your way through. If I haven't told you before I will tell you now. I really admire and respect you.

Dang Spikey...I hope all is well.

I simply love how no matter what happens you find humor in the situation and push your way through. If I haven't told you before I will tell you now. I really admire and respect you.

Ahw...thanks.

Latest posts

Back