Thinking about RNY to DS

Just so you know, the pouch from your RnY is nothing like your sleeve would be if you had the revision to DS so don't let that sway your decision. It could get better in that regard.

@Settledownnow you are welcome here regardless of whether or not you ever have a revision. It's a huge decision that only you can make. For now, focus on getting as healthy as possible with the surgery that you already have. You might decide to have surgery in the future, you might not. In the meantime, there is so much good information here for you. I hope you'll stay with us.

There are people here to also learn about surgeries or to learn how to help a loved ones with a WLS.

Take your time do what's best for you. You are the one it will affect.

I think it takes courage to say hold on let me see have I truly done all I can with the procedure I already have.

I wanted to update ~

I have researched and thought long and hard enough.... oh, F* it, I'm getting switched, I say! I originally wanted this surgery in 2003 and was denied by insurance and have been thinking about having a revision for the past three years. I had my consult with Greenbaum and the wheels in motion and I am moving toward surgery!

Congratulations on making your decision. Good luck. Hope all goes smoothly w your revision!

@jillc and @Barbara are recent revisions w Dr. Greenbaum. Jill is I think 10 mos. out and Barbara is 2 or 3 mos. out from surgery. I had a virgin DS w him 7 mos. ago. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. :)

Last edited:
I wanted to update ~

I have researched and thought long and hard enough.... oh, F* it, I'm getting switched, I say! I originally wanted this surgery in 2003 and was denied by insurance and have been thinking about having a revision for the past three years. I had my consult with Greenbaum and the wheels in motion and I am moving toward surgery!

Congratulations on your decision! Thank you also for sharing your RNY story. I was originally on that path and I am now very relieved that I changed my mind in favor of a DS. Good luck to you with your surgery!

No, I am in the process of completing my pre-op requirements. I am aiming for mid-December with Greenbaum; however, if he does not have the date available I may switch surgeons. Thanks for asking!

Latest posts

Back