The Right Way

Lilyofthevalley

Revived & Revitalized
I am one of those people that love directions. I like to know just what to do to get the desired results. I don't like vague directions or concepts. Tell me what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and I'm a happy camper.

I am 16 months out from having my DS. I keep trying to establish a routine, a regular style of eating, I wanna get it right. I wanna know the system, I wanna get it down pat, I want to be a "superstar after DS eater" and maintainer. I want to get THE THING RIGHT! Well enter REALITY! My body keeps changing the rules just when I think I got it figured out my great routine of the week, hits a wall.

I have done the "liquids only" in the morning Thing,
The eat every two hours Thing,
The eat constantly Thing,
The no protein drinks Thing,
The protein drink first thing in the morning Thing,
The eat all the protein before putting another thing in my mouth Thing,
The eat 30-35 grams of protein three times a day & if there's room after each 30, have some other food Thing.
The no real carbs Thing,
The give myself a carb reward Thing,
The no refined cane sugar at all ever anywhere at any time Thing,
The eat a treat only when I am not home Thing,
The "Oh what the hell I'm eating the damn popcorn" Thing,
The steak, fish, eggs, pork, and chicken are the only proteins that exist Thing,
And probably a half dozen other things I can't think of right now.

Just when I think I got "The Thing" all figured out my body rebels against that routine and I'm on to the next!

So what have I learned from all this? Here it is...I think...
All those plans are good and work....just maybe not every day all the time.
Planning what I will eat in a day is a good idea that seems to remain constant no matter what else I am doing.
Having easy finger type ready to eat protein, in the house at all times is a huge plus.
Raw Veggies and dip are divine,
Hucka-Critter rocks!
Some days I must eat tiny amounts more often.
NO I do not need to eat it all, and no child in Cambodia will benefit if I do.
Some days I can eat everything that doesn't eat me first.
I love Kale chips and they don't make me evacuate smelly air.
Always carry a lunch bag, snack, and/or drinks when going out.

And the Number one thing I have learned in 16 months? THERE AINT NO RIGHT THING!
Just doing some right things every day is THE ONLY THING I can do right all the time.

But just in case...anybody got any great ideas?

Planning what I will eat in a day is a good idea that seems to remain constant no matter what else I am doing.
Having easy finger type ready to eat protein, in the house at all times is a huge plus.
Some days I must eat tiny amounts more often.
NO I do not need to eat it all, and no child in Cambodia will benefit if I do.
Some days I can eat everything that doesn't eat me first.
I try to plan out ahead...but some days, things happen!
AMEN...I try to keep BBQ Meatballs and deviled eggs handy.
MOST of my days are, "I'm eating constantly" days...but very small portions...mostly 1/4 to 1/2 servings of most things.
My "growing up phrase" was...Just think of all those poor kids in China? My cleaning my plate did NOT affect them at all. It DID affect me...my waistline was proof.
YOU TOO???? Yeap, those are the days I think I am a bottomless pit.

@Spiky Bugger, ALL I do is pour some frozen meatballs (I get them at Costco) into a crockpot, on low and add a boatload of BBQ sauce...and let it cook for about 4/5 hours. I reheat in the microwave cause I make about 1/3 of a bag at a time...easy peasy and it's a quick snack when you have the munchies.

I have had a really hard time with frozen meatballs for some reason. They just don't sit well with me- I do find with homemade ones.

One way to possibly combat those carbs would be to switch to a Swedish meatball. It is a cream sauce rather than a BBQ/sugary sauce.

I find the Kirkland meatballs go down just fine, whereas some other prepared ones don't.

For me, having some FAST form of protein around all the time is key. So is having multiple options at hand.

Latest posts

Back