The End of Alzheimer's

I totally forgot to "finish" my book report - basically, I just skimmed the last bit with all the different tests, supplements, etc. what I posted already tells you what's in the book. I feel it's not really new info, just an attempt to pull everything together and...make money? maybe.

for sure the more we learn the more important long term low level concerns are: like are you sleeping enough, stressing (ahem) frequently, and how's your gut microbiome, anyway?

Hilary, please wait - those recommendations are for one patient who had been given a ton of tests. at the very least I don't want you to waste money.

both your Dad and Diana's parents are lucky to have family support - I meet so many who do not. but it's still sad, of course. in fact, dementia is often harder on the family member since the patient themselves lose the understanding of how bad they are after the early stages.

do you know how it's supposed to prevent cancer?

this book says your body needs the fast so it isn't busy digesting when it need to be cleaning out the brain. housekeeping tasks, apparently, take place while you sleep. I hope to learn more about this. I wonder if dreaming is about this or maybe a side affect?

I need to address other stuff today (work!!) but hope to finish the book by the end of next weekend.
Did you learn much about the housekeeping of the brain? I've been reading some brain related stuff (like how we learn) and hear brief mentions of it, but surprisingly little is known about why we have to sleep.

the general idea is that all the plaque that the brain is creating as a way to deal with inflammation should be "cleaned up" during sleep so if you don't get enough or good quality sleep it's not getting done and just keeps accumulating.

along with a bunch of other stuff that should be happening. sleep = important!!

the general idea is that all the plaque that the brain is creating as a way to deal with inflammation should be "cleaned up" during sleep so if you don't get enough or good quality sleep it's not getting done and just keeps accumulating.

along with a bunch of other stuff that should be happening. sleep = important!!
I ran across a study by some students that discovered brainless jelly fish slept, and behaved differently (like, even more aimless than a jellyfish otherwise is) when deprived of sleep. Stuff like that just gives me way more questions than answers.

Latest posts

Back