The Clothing Closet

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Have clothes that are too big?
Need smaller clothes?
This forum is a good place to post your clothing needs in. Let's help one another out as we progress through our weight loss journeys by saving money and exchanging clothes with one another.

The ONLY money that may be exchanged is postage costs.

Great idea! And if you can't find what you are looking for here or the local thrift stores, try Thred Up. They are pretty wonderful.

I like Thred Up. I got a pair of pants and a shirt for like $4 (shipping) on their black friday sale - they had $15 off a $15 or more purchase. They don't much carry my size, but I got these for use after I lose weight. Right now, I don't think anyone here could use my current size. I wear 28's in pants and 4x shirts... My whole wardrobe consists of 3 pairs of jeans, 5 t-shirts (2 have holes in them :( ) and one pair of sneakers. I'm po'. Can't wait till I can lose weight and get down to sizes that I can actually find in thrift stores that aren't ungodly hideous.

I like Thred Up. I got a pair of pants and a shirt for like $4 (shipping) on their black friday sale - they had $15 off a $15 or more purchase. They don't much carry my size, but I got these for use after I lose weight. Right now, I don't think anyone here could use my current size. I wear 28's in pants and 4x shirts... My whole wardrobe consists of 3 pairs of jeans, 5 t-shirts (2 have holes in them :( ) and one pair of sneakers. I'm po'. Can't wait till I can lose weight and get down to sizes that I can actually find in thrift stores that aren't ungodly hideous.
Do you want some things to carry you through the next month or 2? I have stuff that I was debating what to do with- mostly simple cotton dresses from old navy that I'd wear with leggings & sweaters in the cold months and sandals in the warm ones. My wardrobe was/is sad since I refused to buy any clothes during the year I was doing pre op testing and shit, but I'd like it to get put to some use if possible.

Do you want some things to carry you through the next month or 2? I have stuff that I was debating what to do with- mostly simple cotton dresses from old navy that I'd wear with leggings & sweaters in the cold months and sandals in the warm ones. My wardrobe was/is sad since I refused to buy any clothes during the year I was doing pre op testing and shit, but I'd like it to get put to some use if possible.
Wow, sure! I should have enough to pay for postage as long as it isn't too much clothes. What sizes are they?
I swear I'm not trying to be a beggar here, I feel kind of bad about it. I hope that I can send people clothes when I start getting into smaller sizes.

I have ordered from Thredup twice and both times the clothing was like new and very nice. The pictures on their site suck and do not do justice to the clothing.

Love Thred Up and I think they do promo code too. Post your promo codes whenever you get them!!!! Might as well share the discounts! As a matter of fact I will do a new thread on this and maybe they will make it a sticky!

There's no shame in being poor these days! It's a mighty prevalent disease out there. The day will come when you will be able to pay it forward. Till then, take what you need. I've been rich(relatively speaking) and poor. Believe me, rich is better! I am also tired of being poor!

There's no shame in being poor these days! It's a mighty prevalent disease out there. The day will come when you will be able to pay it forward. Till then, take what you need. I've been rich(relatively speaking) and poor. Believe me, rich is better! I am also tired of being poor!
It gets old living on $730 a month! But hopefully the DS will be my pathway to a new life - I can lose the weight, go back to school, and get a bachelors in nursing. That's the plan.

It gets old living on $730 a month! But hopefully the DS will be my pathway to a new life - I can lose the weight, go back to school, and get a bachelors in nursing. That's the plan.
Good idea but that's a hard job! Check out CRNA. Knew one who was making 6 figures back in the 80's!

Latest posts

Back