That scared me!

Ew, sounds bad. Glad I don't have any of those suckers either ;)

Nope no gallbladder, appendics or wisdom teeth. An appendics ruptures when it fills with pus and effectively crimps off there by bursting and filling the peritoneal cavity with infection thus causing peritonitis. Nasty.

Happy to hear you are ok Kirrmy and it wasn't something terrible. I love your name for Sue but I am having trouble getting used to it. It is good to see you posting more. You always have good advise and a way with words. Get to feeling better and give us one of your funny witty stories!
Barb

OMG - so sorry to hear about all your pain, that's terrible. I'm glad it's better now & hope that continues. :63:

Glad to know that you are on the mend. For future reference, I got this from vitalady:

Stool softeners are store brand equal to Colace, not PERI-colace.

Word was that magnesium citrate was such a great thing. This is pills, not the green bottle, so I tried it and nothing happened, and so I kept increasing it. What DID happen is that my foot and leg cramps ceased. So, I kept doing that and tried magnesium oxide. This is small, cheap, found anywhere, like drug stores. And finally, it worked. Mine are 500 mg and I take 2.

My final formula:
1 serving MiraLax (rx) *
4 stool softeners at night
1 mag ox with lunch, 1 with dinner

In the morning, hot beverage first thing on empty gut

This has worked for several years now.

I hope you continue to improve. Take care.

Kirmy, sorry to read of your ordeal and so glad you are better now. Codeine is awfully binding stuff...

I have two words no one wants to hear about that sum up my one experience with codeine - "prolapsed rectum". 'Nuff said.

I had no ill effects arse wise but I only had one dose and almost folded up like a deck chair. If I take any amount I tend to get an anal fissure like the San Andreas fault line. Nae worth it,

silly question...but would I know if that happened to me? Is it painful?

TMI Alert!!!!!

You wouldn't be able to miss it if it happened. Basically, the force of straining turned the rectum inside out and pushed it entirely outside of my body. I've had worse pain in my life - it was definitely not on par with surgical pain, but it was *very* uncomfortable and frightening and disgusting. Also, it was so embarrassing to need to seek help for it, first from my husband, then from the medical team. The worst of it really was that the codeine and my prior meals were still having their way with me afterward. Agony.

Latest posts

Back