That scared me!

kirmy

Last night I came perilously close to calling an ambulance. I was scared.....really scared.

We decided to go up to the ski fields on Ben Nevis by the gondolas and Penfold and Myrtle decided we were in fact trying to feed them into doggy compactors which in turn made Myrtle plant herself like a bull and refuse to move. I strained by back dragging her into the moving gondola before she was left behind.

The afternoon I took my only diclofenac mups (dissolvable) tablet. I got no relief and was in agony. After rifling through my bedsides draw I found co codamol I.e. Paracetamol and codeine 30mg. I took two.

Three hours later the burning agony started below my sternum and rapiated through my neck, right arm and shoulder and caused me to writhe and moan uncontrollably. I can see patients with ruptured appendices acting the same way. I was shaking and sweating. I knew I had an ulcer. I also new there was fuck all I could do about it aside from take the hideous PPI's and ride out the storm.

My ulcer mugging lasted 6 hrs. I am the colour of a bed sheet and feel like a kitten in strength. I've got an emergency appointment at 2:20hrs at my doctors but I'm bricking it. I will need to cut fat down, start re:taking shitty Losec and eat a low acid diet. How the fuck will I ever shit again? My God I'm doomed.
A very tired, not very clear Kirmy reporting from the trenches.

Sigh...

Isn't dicofenac the nasaid that has been on the telly recently for given peeps with normal insides bad mojo? I could be remembering wrong as I'm still up from the night before :( I hope you get some relief and hope, double hope, it isn't an ulcer! That would majorly suck ass. Do you have access to codeine phosphate? It's the pure stuff without the kidney killing paracetamol.

Anywhoooo, hope you and doggie are ok.

Well I never take NSAIDS unless I'm dying so I could understand with repeated exposure but not for a once off. I suspect the codeine sent me over the edge. Bleak!

yikes! I take codeine loads, (60mg every 4 hours) but not with paracetamol. I take aleive sometimes (a yank nsaid I smuggled in lol) and I swear every time I take I feel burning in my tummy....so needless to say I don't take it unless I am desperate! Hope you get some answers. I hope it was some steathy stomach ninjas stopping by to say hi cos like an ulcer would suck many arseholes!

Many arseholes chick.....many many....I'm pretty position the codeine shafted me soundly. Watch that shit...it is like pouring battery acid on an open sore.....drama? Moi?

Last night I came perilously close to calling an ambulance. I was scared.....really scared.

We decided to go up to the ski fields on Ben Nevis by the gondolas and Penfold and Myrtle decided we were in fact trying to feed them into doggy compactors which in turn made Myrtle plant herself like a bull and refuse to move. I strained by back dragging her into the moving gondola before she was left behind.

The afternoon I took my only diclofenac mups (dissolvable) tablet. I got no relief and was in agony. After rifling through my bedsides draw I found co codamol I.e. Paracetamol and codeine 30mg. I took two.

Three hours later the burning agony started below my sternum and rapiated through my neck, right arm and shoulder and caused me to writhe and moan uncontrollably. I can see patients with ruptured appendices acting the same way. I was shaking and sweating. I knew I had an ulcer. I also new there was fuck all I could do about it aside from take the hideous PPI's and ride out the storm.

My ulcer mugging lasted 6 hrs. I am the colour of a bed sheet and feel like a kitten in strength. I've got an emergency appointment at 2:20hrs at my doctors but I'm bricking it. I will need to cut fat down, start re:taking shitty Losec and eat a low acid diet. How the fuck will I ever shit again? My God I'm doomed.
A very tired, not very clear Kirmy reporting from the trenches.

Sigh...

:058:

:poorbaby:

:056:

Hope you feel better soon. BTW do you have your appendix? I'd never heard of a ruptured on.
Nope no gallbladder, appendics or wisdom teeth. An appendics ruptures when it fills with pus and effectively crimps off there by bursting and filling the peritoneal cavity with infection thus causing peritonitis. Nasty.

Oh my, you have had a very rough time of it :( I have never had an ulcer so all I can do is send my best wishes your way. <<hugs>>
It is shit. I feel fine today...bit wobbly this morning but a-ok now.

I went to see my GP and he thinks it was the codeine and has me shit dowsing for the next few days in case I've got a good old bleed. The good thing is I did perforate anywhere otherwise I'd be a whole bag of misery today. I do have a lovely pale complexion which has me considering getting out my Jesus and Mary Chain albums.

Latest posts

Back