Thanksgiving - Managing eating

Settledownnow

Thanksgiving tends to set me off into non-stop holiday carb eating, and I am trying to stay mindful that my goal is to maintain my weight loss. My plan is to focus on protein and have a taste of the "special" T-days foods, to take a walk, and to focus on other non-food activities later.

How do you plan to manage Thanksgiving eating?

I manage eating anything I want. It helps that for the last 10 years, it hasn’t been at our house so leftovers are limited to what I put on a to go plate for another meal or two.

Turkey first policy! I fill at least half my plate with turkey and don't eat the carbs until that turkey has been consumed - for dinner and when it comes leftovers as well. Once the turkey is gone I go for anything else I want. Also, we removed bread plates from our table years ago. We still eat bread, but it has to fit on the main plate.

Because I can. Except Honey Smacks.
I heard that, expect with Ritz Crackers. the crack of processed food.

I like the mindful part of the OP and the "taste" - supposed to be as good as a feast, according to Mary Poppins.

for me, I eat what and how much I like but try to keep it down to the ACTUAL holidays/special occasions rather than just nonstop goodies from Halloween to Easter.

you are definitely wise to plan ahead!

I ate turkey, potato, corn and stuffing. Until I was comfortably full. Then I did all the dishes, pots and pans in the sink. An hour later I finished my reheated plate and even had a bite or three of pumpkin pie.

This surgery is a million times better than my old CrapBand. I feel normal and human. (And my parents didn’t have to do a stack of washing once we all left.)

My plan was to eat everything but in reality I ate almost nothing at all. Sever acid reflux in full force today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Happy Thanksgiving.

my hostess yesterday got one of those "meals" you just heat up from the grocery store and the turkey was SO moist. it's was cooked and shrink wrapped. the stuffing was excellent, too, my favorite. in fact it was all really good.

Google "David Wades Paper Sack Turkey". It cooks 10 minutes per pound and I always inject with marinade. They are always dripping moist.
Actually the ONLY time we enjoyed turkey was one my baby sister made. She put one stick of butter pats under the skin, injected one stick of butter into the meat, esp the white meat, and used one stick to baste with. Oh, and cooked it upside down so the fat dripped thru the breast before turning it over to crisp the skin. Melt in your mouth tender and perfect for a couple of DSer’s.

Latest posts

Back