Ten Years Ago - Pictures

Joanne

I saw on the Today show yesterday that Facebook is 10 years old. They had pictures of the anchors from ten years ago, and challenged people to post on FB what they looked like 10 years ago.

That got me thinking. Ten years ago (it was 5 years before my DS), this is me. I was 39 years old and we were on a Mediterranean cruise. I suppose it would be normal to talk about how uncomfortable, tired, and fat I felt...God knows I've had all those feelings before...but the truth is on THIS vacation I felt great. I was doing Weight Watchers and had lost about 25 pounds. I remember buying those capris I'm wearing, and they were a 20W instead of my usual 22W at the time. That felt good.

It's hard to imagine me as this person any more. Looking at her, I can tell many differences in the way I dress, the way I carry myself, and my self confidence. This seems like a lifetime ago.

I also remember counting those stupid WW points on the vacation, and the food I missed in the process. I don't remember feeling deprived, I was feeling good that I was making progress. If I were to show you a year later, you would see that I gained back that 25 pounds, plus about 20 more. That makes me sad.

Last edited:
Joanne, your photos are MIA...did you copy the img link from where they are? Example, photobucket has a spot to copy links and the img code is the last one listed.

Joanne, your photos are MIA...did you copy the img link from where they are? Example, photobucket has a spot to copy links and the img code is the last one listed.
Nope, I did the old cut and paste. I can see them but I guess no one else can. I'll see what I can figure out.

you can upload them to an account on photobucket, or if you're lazy and don't care if they're public, you can upload to imgur.com without making any kind of account.

Can't see the pics yet Joanne and am eagerly waiting but even without pics, I love the positives of this post. Of course we all have the rough stuff of obesity, but I think sometimes we forget to acknowledge the delicious parts of our pre-WLS selves.

10 years ago I was my thinnest (it was 3+ years after my RNY... juuuust before the gaining began. Will see what I can dig up to post later).

Great idea!

August 2002: Age 49, I year pre-op:
Dsc00500-1.jpg

August 2013: 10 year surgiversary, age 60:
8_5_1310yrsurgiversary_zps6ebe8f97.jpg

(Any idea how to shrink pix on here?)

10 years ago eh? Before digital cams were the norm lol. I had to go digging! Here I am...not an alcoholic...just a university student living in the dorms lol

drinkingdonni_zpsd49eb652.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea why it's not working? I have them on Photobucket, I have the IMG code. But when I click the picture icon here, and put it in, I don't see the picture, just something that says URL=IMG

Any idea why it's not working? I have them on Photobucket, I have the IMG code. But when I click the picture icon here, and put it in, I don't see the picture, just something that says URL=IMG
Yes, just paste the IMG code from photobucket that you copied. Don't use the picture icon if you do that.

Can't find one from 10 years ago...but I do have one from 12 years ago

And this one was done this week. I had found the top at the thrift store!

The mirror has a bevel on it...which is why the elbow shows twice.

dont paste image code, paste direct link into the url box when you click the pic icon above next to the smilie face :)

Latest posts

Back