Taking vites and drawing labs

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
I'm planning on getting my labs drawn tomorrow (yes, really!!).

I got to thinking that somewhere I saw something about not taking vites before your labs. If I remember correctly, how long do you go without vites before labs for a valid draw? I don't want to waste my money and definitely need an accurate pic since I haven't been wonderfully compliant.

Thanks!!

Most of us don't take them the morning of the draw but once done, get right back on track. So yeah, MAYBE that is considered "fasting"

Thanks, so much. I remember reading something but didn't really remember what it was. I'm soooooo excited to finally get my labs. I'm gonna hate the 1 hour drive fasting but it's gonna be worth it :)

Now remember, you can drink WATER...not sugar stuff or artificial sweetened stuff or coffee WITH stuff...IF you are a black coffee drinker go ahead with coffee but water is safer. Phlebotomists LIKE a well HYDRATED patient.

I had my labs drawn this morning. Only one needle and 10 vials :) I feel so empowered and feel like I'm in control of my health and well-being. May sound weird but for once, I got everything recommended and no doctor told me I didn't need it. I didn't have to have "the best I could get", I got what I needed and wanted. It's gonna be holy hell when I get the results back but for now I'm really happy with myself (and very thankful to Leigh for giving me a way to take control of my health).

I have a headache from hell from no coffee and food this morning till almost 11, it's sooooo worth it!!!

Latest posts

Back