Surgery tomorrow

Hi,

I'm getting released from the hospital today. I think it was so beneficial to have 6 days in the hospital to start recovering. Dr. Rabkin is beyond amazing, and my experience at the hospital was so great. The nurses even love him and say how well he takes care of his patients and makes sure they are fully okay before he releases them. I was so scared of having the procedure open, but now I realized my fears were silly. I'm in some pain, but it's definitely manageable. I'm actually shocked at how good I'm feeling. He took out my gall bladder and appendix and it turned out I had a second, tiny appendix that can become cancerous, so he took that out as well. So random! Overall, I just feel so ready to start this new stage of my life and do it better this time. So far, I'm getting all my liquids in and have been able to eat a tiny bit of scrambled eggs, egg salad, chicken broth, and hamburger patty. My new stomach is not nearly as sensitive this time round. I'm very excited! Thank you all for your wise words!

Latest posts

Back