Surgery date!

Discussion in 'Duodenal Switch' started by Jannette, Aug 6, 2018.

Jannette

Jannette Member

I'm so excited and nervous! My surgery date is 08/15 with Dr. Ara Keshishian. I'm flying over to CA from WA with my oldest daughter. What should I take with me? Will I have any surgery twins out there??

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations on your date. Take as little as possible.

RainCity

RainCity Well-Known Member

Congrats! I had hiatal hernia repair and Nissen Fundoplication surgery with Dr Keshishian 12 days ago and am also from WA. My surgery was at Huntington Hospital and all of the female nurses & PCAs were wonderful, but the 2 male nurses were mansplainers and less caring. LOL. And of course Dr K was fabulous! I’m still down here healing (I have family I’m staying with) and have my 2nd post-op appt next week.

What I brought that was the most useful were long iPhone charger, slip-on shoes with good grip (e.g. mules) for walking the halls and going to the bathroom, ear plugs, eye/sleep mask, and travel-sized toothbrush, toothpaste, and hairbrush. I also had a little soft bag I kept these items in (except shoes) that was in the bed next to me for easy access.

Good luck!

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

So are you getting the DS? Is Medicare covering it?

Jannette

Jannette Member

Yes. I'm getting the DS and Medicare is covering it! At least I hope after Dr. K examines me and looks at all the test results that he will do the surgery!!!

JackieOnLine, hilary1617 and DianaCox like this.
    Jannette

Jannette Member

Thank you!

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Hooray! Congrats! My 2 year surgeriversity. is Aug 16. Best decision I made. Just think two years from now, you will have been close to your goal weight for a year and super happy about it. :) Hang tight. The first year is pretty bumpy. And the first 3 months were not fun. But, I'm so happy now. Welcome to a new life you did not even think you could obtain!

Momfirst likes this.
    Jannette

Jannette Member

Such encouraging words! Thank you!

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

congratulations on getting a date, it will be here very soon!

Jannette

Jannette Member

Thank you. I am flying out from WA a 6 am on Monday morning. I am anxious about the flight and everything!

hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Safe travels JannetteJannette and best wishes for an uncomplicated procedure and speedy recovery. A wonderful future is ahead!