surgery #3 leak #2

So sorry about all the complications, Dawn.
Question for those that had to travel for their revision- if complications arose and you were already back home, who did the surgery for the complication, if surgery was indicated? I am starting the process for Dr. K. and that concerns me a great deal. I'm in Ohio and he's in CA. Not an ideal situation.
Thanks.
Having a supportive PCP and a surgeon who is phone accessible is invaluable. We were in TN and my husband had his in NYC. But we were both virgin DS's.

But I don't even have a ds yet and at this rate never will :-(.

don't look too far ahead when you are sick in the hospital. anybody would feel like giving up when they are septic! right now just don't look up: look down at the very next step to take, right in front of you. and that is healing and feeling better and getting some strength back!

It’s so hard to give advice and just say mere words that you can hope will actually have an impact or a meaning and maybe make you feel better, so....I think Larra said it best, she seems to always have the most kindest and sweetest posts. You can just feel her kindness and her wisdom just the way she writes. So, I can’t possibly say anything better than that other than just read it over and over as well as all the other posts. You will get better and you will move forward and we are all here with you!!!

Dawn, right now your focus shouldn't be on getting a full DS someday, but instead on recovering from a very serious complication of your RNY to sleeve, or whatever we should call your recent revision. Give yourself lots of time to recover both in body and spirit. Usually I'm telling people to think longterm, but with sepsis and complications it's necessary to deal with the short term, which is to get the leak and resutant infection under control and healed, and then to get you home and recovering and regaining your strength. So stick with today, with being closer to recovery tomorrow than you are today, and we'll deal with the rest later.

As the world turns so do my complications lol.. If I don't laugh I would just cry. Anyway my lung collapsed yesterday made for a very painful and scary day. However today is a new day and it feels more certain then yesturdy.
Thank you all for being truly amazing and going thru this with me. It's been very lonely. My husband and kids are suppose o come for a visit tonight I haven't seen them since sat.

Just keep your eye on the prize right now which is your family and getting healthy! Everyone here is in your corner and the vets here will get you where you need to be in the future!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

So sorry about your lung! Hopefully they have treated it by now and you are breathing easier.

Keep going one day at a time, whatever happens. You can get through this.

Have you ever watched a House MD episode? Almost all the pain and drama happens before they name the issue and you can take heart that that phase is behind you. They know what to look for and the right people to talk to. That is HUGE. You are probably through the worst of it now. Put on a guided meditation to get a mental break from the hospital and relish in the fact that you are on the other side.

Dawn, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I can only imagine how awful you must feel right now. It must and will get better with good medical care. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do to help. Please make sure to continue to advocate for yourself. Is there someone by your side to support you and ensure your needs are being met? I worry that your pain may not be adequately controlled - that should be readily addressed in a hospital setting.

{I just read your posts, and apologize for not having gotten your story earlier.} Hang in there Dawn. I join in sending supportive thoughts to you. Hopefully every day is better.

Latest posts

Back