1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/
  3. Status Updates (profile posts) are being disabled effective immediately.

Sunday Weigh In

Discussion in 'Staying on Track' started by southernlady, Jun 11, 2017.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Last week 144
    Same this week in spite of less than ideal eating choices. The food in this area (Goshen IN) is extremely yummy but carby!

Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

Amish country! Hope you are having fun.

Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

LW: 165
    TW: 167

I'm up a couple of pounds. Lots of stress eating, poor choices, and lack of physical activity. Old habits die hard. Really tired and not feeling well this week. Pulling myself together for the new week.

harrietvane

harrietvane Well-Known Member

No weighing this week - my usual daily habits have been off as I've been at a conference all week.

Big NSV this week was a wonderful night out on Monday night. I wore a tiny LBD and felt gorgeous, and had a delicious three-course meal at Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen. While I didn't even remotely finish everything (my gentleman friend remarked that he loves eating with me 'cause he gets leftovers), I had pork pie, fish and chips, and a strawberry cream parfait. Also, the wine was fantastic (and half a bottle goes to my head these days!).

In the days of the lapband, I would have made trip after trip to the bathroom before giving up; with the DS, none. The DS has completely changed the way I eat and how comfortable I feel in social situations. And while I never had a lot of body confidence issues when I was bigger, it was also nice to have my choice of sexy going out clothes! (And heels are much more comfortable when they are carrying less pressure per square inch...)

Pattycake813

Pattycake813 Well-Known Member

LW 164
    TW 164

No movement on the scale for 3-4 weeks now Got back to the yoga studio this week after a month off - it felt great. I do it at home but never seem to challenge myself in the ways that the instructor does.

Having a lot of belly bloat that I can't seem to pinpoint to any specific type of food. I go from a completely flat stomach to looking 6months pregnant in a matter of hours. Not sure what is going on there but it makes me nervous to wear any pants that fit in the morning because they are sure to be miserably tight by the afternoon.

Settledownnow likes this.
    Mermaid

Mermaid Treading Water

LW-189.1
    TW-188

This is the first week of eating all my protein requirement. No protein drinks to make up the gap.
    Scale moved slower but I'm not worried. It's a journey not a race.

Millie

Millie Member

LW 180
    TW 178
    Yay.

southernlady

We are! It's warm but not uncomfortable.
    Stress and poor choices are most likely to blame. But lack of activity can make you feel tired.
    Glad you got rid of the belt around your throat!

Sounds like you need two sets of daily routines. One for normal weeks and one for conference weeks.
    Maybe log everything you eat for a few days, reading labels. Then do an elimination diet for a week or so. Something has changed or something new added that seems simple but is causing your issue. Someone I know discovered that onions were her issue.
    Good for you.

Yay is right. Good going.

Millie likes this.
    galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

LW - 156
    TW - 150

Only 15 pounds left to goal. Can't believe it.

Bagaof4

Bagaof4 Well-Known Member

2 or was it 3 weeks ago 126
    TW 126

Trying to survive the last week of school. Can't wait to be on vacation!

Mermaid and Settledownnow like this.
    southernlady

Good going but sorry you had to get sick to manage it.
    Good going. Good luck surviving this week of school.

Susan in Tennessee

Susan in Tennessee Well-Known Member

Last week: 143.5
    This week: same

Yesterday was my one year suriversary! It's hard to believe it's been a year already, as it seems to have gone quickly. Also hard to believe I was packing 95 extra pounds around on this bod.

Yes, I have shar-pei butt, bat wings, and upper thighs that look like droopy panty hose that need to be pulled up, but even with that I'm extremely happy and grateful and loving life.

Last week my SIL told me I shouldn't lose anymore and "would I be able to stop"? Keep in mind she's a little bitty thing, always has been and weighs more now than she used to, 125! I told her I had plenty of fat left to lose and at least wanted to hit normal weight range. I said to her, "why is it ok for you to weigh what you are supposed to weigh but not ok for me too?" Her answer was " but I've always been this way!" What?? Huh? Then she asked me what I weighed. I told her and she didn't say anything else. Grrrrrr

Pattycake813 and Settledownnow like this.
    Whit

Whit Well-Known Member

Hello Friends,

LW:133
    TW:135

It is officially summer here. We've had several triple digit days with more in the horizon. I am going to Nashville to visit a Girlfriend Thursday so I better lose that 2 pounds beforehand as I plan on eating and drinking my way through the weekend! I am pretty bummed GERD (Esophageal Erosion) will keep me away from Hot Chicken though.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Best,
    Whitney

Settledownnow likes this.
    southernlady

First: Happy Surgiversary!
    Second: congrats on maintaining
    Third: great response to your SIL
    Enjoy your trip to Nashville. It won't be AS hot but it will be far more humid. So stay hydrated. Sorry you are up 2 lbs.