Sunday Weigh In (9/18/2016)

I had my annual physical on Thursday, and with some clothes on (I took off my shoes and pants :)) and after eating breakfast and coffee, I weighed 173.6 on the doctor's scale. That was the same as my home scale nekkid and starved last week, so I'll take it.

SW 275
LW 164
TW 162

Two pounds to go to get my surgeon's goal of 160, for whatever that is worth. I accomplished my real goal when my diabetes (and high blood pressure, sleep apnea and back issues) resolved shortly after surgery, so the weight loss has been a huge bonus from my perspective. Admittedly, I haven't been limiting anything but carbs so it has been slow going here at the end, but my activity level is up, and I am getting close!

Night view from my new place, overlooking Singapore's national stadium. It was also Mid-Autumn Festival, so a nice full moon!

Awesome! I have a view like that in SF.

LW: 237
TW: 234

This is so odd. Lost 20 pounds two weeks after surgery, then, I stalled for a week, so I thought I would have a big drop this week. And 3 pounds is a lot, but was hoping for some more. But, 3 pounds a week is just fine.

Going for a 5 mile walk on the beach. :)

LW 124
TW 124

Started with a new physical therapist yesterday. Gave me 4 isometric exercises to do. Not sure if it's the exercises I did or just progression of nerves healing, but this morning is the best morning ever with my foot! While it is still numb, I am actually walking better and usually any sort of exercise sets off nerve pain so whatever is happening, I am so happy!
Oh good...glad to hear this news!
I had my annual physical on Thursday, and with some clothes on (I took off my shoes and pants :)) and after eating breakfast and coffee, I weighed 173.6 on the doctor's scale. That was the same as my home scale nekkid and starved last week, so I'll take it.
Good for you.
SW 275
LW 164
TW 162

Two pounds to go to get my surgeon's goal of 160, for whatever that is worth. I accomplished my real goal when my diabetes (and high blood pressure, sleep apnea and back issues) resolved shortly after surgery, so the weight loss has been a huge bonus from my perspective. Admittedly, I haven't been limiting anything but carbs so it has been slow going here at the end, but my activity level is up, and I am getting close!
Slow is normal. And glad YOUR expectations were not about weight loss itself.
Awesome! I have a view like that in SF.

LW: 237
TW: 234

This is so odd. Lost 20 pounds two weeks after surgery, then, I stalled for a week, so I thought I would have a big drop this week. And 3 pounds is a lot, but was hoping for some more. But, 3 pounds a week is just fine.

Going for a 5 mile walk on the beach. :)
You are doing great!

As to the stall...absolutely normal: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/the-three-week-stall.743/

I ONLY lost 21 lbs my first MONTH, 12 the second, and then slowed down to 9, then 5ish. Not a week but a month. This is not a race to see how fast but a marathon. And I bet the weeks you stall, your body drops inches. Seems most of us can't do both at the same time.

Oh good...glad to hear this news!

Good for you.

Slow is normal. And glad YOUR expectations were not about weight loss itself.

You are doing great!

As to the stall...absolutely normal: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/the-three-week-stall.743/

I ONLY lost 21 lbs my first MONTH, 12 the second, and then slowed down to 9, then 5ish. Not a week but a month. This is not a race to see how fast but a marathon. And I bet the weeks you stall, your body drops inches. Seems most of us can't do both at the same time.

I know, I know, I know. But you started out 60 pounds less than me. I have 130 pounds to lose. I expect the first 65 pounds to be fast and then, the next 30 to be kind of slow and then, the last 30 to take a while. But, 12 pounds a month works just fine for a while. :)

Last Week 194
This week 191

Was looking forward to a trip to the beach (Myrtle Beach) to celebrate our 30th anniversary that was in August. Neither of us has been there so we were looking forward to it. We watched the weather closely and decided that was okay enough to go ahead as planned but when we went to fill up our tank and couldn't find gas we started having second thoughts. They say 6 states are mainly being hit with the pipeline shutdown and just our luck Tennessee and South Carolina are two of them. I'm trying to call the hotel to cancel and should get all our deposit back but so far I can't get anyone, just a recording saying they're busy and will call back! Hopefully, we can try it again in a week or so.

I still can hardly believe this is all happening to me, the weight loss, I mean :D. If it's a dream, do NOT wake me up!

I know, I know, I know. But you started out 60 pounds less than me. I have 130 pounds to lose. I expect the first 65 pounds to be fast and then, the next 30 to be kind of slow and then, the last 30 to take a while. But, 12 pounds a month works just fine for a while. :)
Each person has their own journey. BUT you are a lightweight like me.
Have you read THIS thread? http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-not-pounds-its-percentages.1844/ What is your height and what would be your weight for a BMI of 24.99 (top end of normal)? Anything above that is excess weight. So if your normal BMI top end was 145 and 146 was overweight, then anything above 145 is excess. NOT where you want to be but what is above normal BMI. AND if you lost weight pre-op, that changes the dynamics as well.

This chart might help. (and notice, these are not by pounds but percentages)!
2 weeks - 5-10%
6 weeks - 10-15%
3 mos - 20-30%
6 mos - 45-55%
12 mos - 60-70%
18 mos - 75-85%

Lightweights of any surgery and DS'er lightweights in particular tend to lose ALL their excess by the end of the first year. BUT NOT in the first month. You are still healing, your body is pissy and things will change.

I do NOT count my highest weight since that highest was NOT even in the equation. My highest weight was in 2002. I didn't get the DS til 2011. ALMOST a decade later. So I go from my sign in weight at the surgeon's initial appt.

CHILL!!! :) Not chilling is stressful and stress can lead to weight GAIN!

Give your DS a chance to work...don't over think this. I know it's hard but give it a chance.
Last Week 194
This week 191

Was looking forward to a trip to the beach (Myrtle Beach) to celebrate our 30th anniversary that was in August. Neither of us has been there so we were looking forward to it. We watched the weather closely and decided that was okay enough to go ahead as planned but when we went to fill up our tank and couldn't find gas we started having second thoughts. They say 6 states are mainly being hit with the pipeline shutdown and just our luck Tennessee and South Carolina are two of them. I'm trying to call the hotel to cancel and should get all our deposit back but so far I can't get anyone, just a recording saying they're busy and will call back! Hopefully, we can try it again in a week or so.

I still can hardly believe this is all happening to me, the weight loss, I mean :D. If it's a dream, do NOT wake me up!

Doing good Susan...sorry about having to delay your trip. We aren't home right now but all the local FB groups are trying to find gas in the area. Some seem to be hit worse than others but the entire eastern seaboard is gonna be in this for a week or so until they get the pipeline in AL fixed and start getting gas back thru it.

Each person has their own journey. BUT you are a lightweight like me.
Have you read THIS thread? http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-not-pounds-its-percentages.1844/ What is your height and what would be your weight for a BMI of 24.99 (top end of normal)? Anything above that is excess weight. So if your normal BMI top end was 145 and 146 was overweight, then anything above 145 is excess. NOT where you want to be but what is above normal BMI. AND if you lost weight pre-op, that changes the dynamics as well.

This chart might help. (and notice, these are not by pounds but percentages)!
2 weeks - 5-10%
6 weeks - 10-15%
3 mos - 20-30%
6 mos - 45-55%
12 mos - 60-70%
18 mos - 75-85%

Lightweights of any surgery and DS'er lightweights in particular tend to lose ALL their excess by the end of the first year. BUT NOT in the first month. You are still healing, your body is pissy and things will change.

I do NOT count my highest weight since that highest was NOT even in the equation. My highest weight was in 2002. I didn't get the DS til 2011. ALMOST a decade later. So I go from my sign in weight at the surgeon's initial appt.

CHILL!!! :) Not chilling is stressful and stress can lead to weight GAIN!

Give your DS a chance to work...don't over think this. I know it's hard but give it a chance.

Thank you!!!! I'm goal focused and not a process person. Taking a deep breath. Alas, I understand the percent game all too well. I don't think I am a light weight. My BMI actually started out kind of high 47. I"m 5'3 and I did not diet before hand. A BMI of 25 is 136 pounds. My goal is 135. I've been at 137 as an adult, but I could not maintain it. My (saying a pray to the DS god) goal weight is 125, but I saw that weight for about 10 min at when I was 17 and again 23.

Thanks for the support. Off for a walk.

LW 124
TW 124

Started with a new physical therapist yesterday. Gave me 4 isometric exercises to do. Not sure if it's the exercises I did or just progression of nerves healing, but this morning is the best morning ever with my foot! While it is still numb, I am actually walking better and usually any sort of exercise sets off nerve pain so whatever is happening, I am so happy!
Great news Pam!

SW 275
LW 164
TW 162

That is great. I bet you get closer to 130 by time it is done

Latest posts

Back