Sunday Weigh In (9/18/2016)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Not at home again this Sunday. We are in South Dakota after spending most of the week in Elkhart, Indiana at an RV rally.

So claiming the same as before we headed out.

I was 141 this morning, would like to be 134. The summer eating is catching up on me, hope I remember to weigh in again next Sunday. :)

LW 85.2 kg | 187.8 lbs
TW 84.8 kg | 186.9 lbs

Slow and steady. This week I moved house, so am recovering from that and unpacking. Also made my first trip to Hong Kong for class - an hour class on Saturday, so an early start to fly there and back. Turns out it was boring admin stuff that wasn't important, but looking forward to starting for real this Friday.

And to stocking my fridge! It's empty.

Not at home again this Sunday. We are in South Dakota after spending most of the week in Elkhart, Indiana at an RV rally.

So claiming the same as before we headed out.
Have fun and hope to see you guys on Tuesday.

SW 355
LW 204.8
TW 203.2

Hope y'all had a great week. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling more like myself this past week than I have in a long time :D finally !!!!
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

LW: 179
TW: 173

I have honestly felt a bit better this week as I think the thyroid med I started on 25 days ago is helping a bit. Not passing out as much and I have a bit more energy and not as dizzy most of the time. That being said, my guts are still messed up and of course the inefficient ass-wipes at my local hospital that I use for imaging didn't send the CD with images to Dr K as requested on the freaking order so he hasn't been able to read the barium enema study yet. I really do hate the medical system some times. It is 2016 and even if the ordering Doc is an out of state physician on a different system they should have a portal where that Dr can log in through a temporary account and pull down imaging and other results through something like Box, Drop Box, or the like. God forbid we use this thing called the internet and very simple file transfer technology.

SW 355
LW 204.8
TW 203.2

Hope y'all had a great week. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling more like myself this past week than I have in a long time :D finally !!!!
Glad you are beginning to feel normal again. You are doing great.
I was 141 this morning, would like to be 134. The summer eating is catching up on me, hope I remember to weigh in again next Sunday. :)
Maybe too many veggies and fruits? Get back to protein and fat!
LW 85.2 kg | 187.8 lbs
TW 84.8 kg | 186.9 lbs

Slow and steady. This week I moved house, so am recovering from that and unpacking. Also made my first trip to Hong Kong for class - an hour class on Saturday, so an early start to fly there and back. Turns out it was boring admin stuff that wasn't important, but looking forward to starting for real this Friday.

And to stocking my fridge! It's empty.
Yeap, if it's empty it needs feeding to keep YOU fed!
Glad you got moved and getting settled.
Hi Friends,
LW 132
TW 133.5

Yikes must drink more water.

Have a great week
Whit
Yeap...but in spite of the gain, you are doing great.
LW: 179
TW: 173

I have honestly felt a bit better this week as I think the thyroid med I started on 25 days ago is helping a bit. Not passing out as much and I have a bit more energy and not as dizzy most of the time. That being said, my guts are still messed up and of course the inefficient ass-wipes at my local hospital that I use for imaging didn't send the CD with images to Dr K as requested on the freaking order so he hasn't been able to read the barium enema study yet. I really do hate the medical system some times. It is 2016 and even if the ordering Doc is an out of state physician on a different system they should have a portal where that Dr can log in through a temporary account and pull down imaging and other results through something like Box, Drop Box, or the like. God forbid we use this thing called the internet and very simple file transfer technology.
One would think, Scott...but why didn't they follow simple instructions in the first place????

As for your weight, that is quite a drop...maybe it's because your thyroid med is finally taking hold?

As far as why they didn't send the imaging? Idiots is what it is. They are a large system with 15 or so sites minimum and 5 who do high res imaging, and the records department is who sends things. Naturally they don't get the request on the order to the records department to burn the CD and send it. I had to call and the ladies excuse was, "well they never get the request to us". I told the lady, I get it isn't your fault but don't you understand that you are a part of the system and your system failed and continues to fail in that regard? FYI - Kristina at Dr K's office told me that it always happens whenever they order imaging or tests at other places.

Regarding weight drop, maybe it is the thyroid med kicking in. Honestly I haven't researched it much so I wasn't aware that it could cause weight loss? That would make sense though and I am okay with that because if I feel better and have strength I can then work out and gain some muscle mass to be healthier. That is my goal. weight is just a proxy of health for me right now but long term I really don't care what I weigh as long as I feel good and am healthy.

Regarding weight drop, maybe it is the thyroid med kicking in. Honestly I haven't researched it much so I wasn't aware that it could cause weight loss? That would make sense though and I am okay with that because if I feel better and have strength I can then work out and gain some muscle mass to be healthier. That is my goal. weight is just a proxy of health for me right now but long term I really don't care what I weigh as long as I feel good and am healthy.
Well, it doesn't cause "significant" weight loss...average is 8-10 lbs. (Okay, that fits you) And once stable usually levels off. Since most start thyroid meds while obese or MO, an 8-10 lbs drop isn't that big. But at your weight, it IS! http://www.thyroid.org/does-treatment-of-hypothyroidism-lead-to-weight-loss/

Well, it doesn't cause "significant" weight loss...average is 8-10 lbs. (Okay, that fits you) And once stable usually levels off. Since most start thyroid meds while obese or MO, an 8-10 lbs drop isn't that big. But at your weight, it IS! http://www.thyroid.org/does-treatment-of-hypothyroidism-lead-to-weight-loss/
Thanks. It makes sense. I am late on my labs as I think it has actually been two months since my last set (well I had a CBC and CMP in the ER whenever I was there recently) but no vitamin labs. We will see if anything has changed. I actually feel like my anemia may be better this week as I was actually hot yesterday and that never happens anymore. Not sure if thyroid levels jumping up will help those other things but it will be nice.

The main thing I want to see is my protein and albumin levels. If they are good the weight can do what it wants.

LW 124
TW 124

Started with a new physical therapist yesterday. Gave me 4 isometric exercises to do. Not sure if it's the exercises I did or just progression of nerves healing, but this morning is the best morning ever with my foot! While it is still numb, I am actually walking better and usually any sort of exercise sets off nerve pain so whatever is happening, I am so happy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back